The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 meet Eva

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 30/07/2012 : 16:24:26

i have been wanting one of these for a very long time! and finally shes here and curled up in her tiny sandwich tub , meet Eva

I set a cricket tub up under the advice of the breeder and thought to myself naw thats gotta be too small , but having got her home she really really is that tiny! I got to pick out of 6 girls , as i knew i wanted a female but man it was a hard choice i could have brought another one home for sure as there were two i couldnt choose from . Didnt get to look at the brothers as she had four males aswel , probably a good thing! Very pleased snake mommy today and couldnt sleep at all last night !
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 02/08/2012 : 01:38:09
they are very active,Water changes,noise in the room,Anything and their out to investigate.

As for feeding every 3/4 days is better with them.So twice a week on pinks/fluffs.

http://www.jhreptiles.co.uk/hognose.html read the feeding bit,can link you afew more but they all say the same thing.
Laws Posted - 01/08/2012 : 23:50:15
got ya , i will try that , shes now zooming around her little box , i thought she should be tucked away digesting?!? she seems very active! I did try putting it right by her mouth but she kept slowly moving upwards and then randomly striking lol . Then huffed off and took it by drop feeding . Is every 5 days a good rule of thumb ?
boomslang Posted - 01/08/2012 : 23:21:48
Cool mate,next feeding try pushing the pinkie against her mouth,She should just open up and bite it.Rather then letting her strike it.They are really crap at striking.
Laws Posted - 01/08/2012 : 21:56:03
thanks , i have her in a small sandwich tub thats pretty small , i have some cricket tubs and some smaller sarnie boxes too so will play around . however she took a pinkie tonight from me after making a massive show of striking and missing , and then repeating that a few times , before becoming annoyed hissing mock striking and huffing under her paper towel so i dropped it in there and when i came back 5 mins later the pink was vanshing down her little neck :)
Lotabob Posted - 30/07/2012 : 23:38:43
Aww I had to put my Housie in one of those, too small for anything else. lol.

Cute little hoglet.
boomslang Posted - 30/07/2012 : 16:56:20
Cool very nice If she freaks where you have her,Try BraPlast boxes they worked a charm for me.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000