The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Officially introducing Maia the Budwing mantis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 19/08/2012 : 00:46:41
I know I have posted about this new addition before but she moulted and went from black to gold stripes and is now big enough for an in focus photograph.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 19/08/2012 : 11:55:03
I think just have a look around and see if one takes your fancy, I picked Budwing and congo green because they are both relatively easy and both really beautiful looking too. I couldn't find a congo green anywhere in Ireland, but found someone selling tiny Budwing babies, its not recommended to get them as small as I did, they say a good established mantis is one thats moulted 3-4 times, or as they call it they are in their third to fourth instar or L3 -L4. I am keeping my titchy one in a stood up cricket tub but will sort out something bigger when it gets bigger.
BlueDragon Posted - 19/08/2012 : 11:42:37
I'll have to look into it again I think. Would really love to have one, been wanting one for years.

Is there an easy 'beginers' one to look out for?
Lotabob Posted - 19/08/2012 : 08:57:07
I've not heard about them been hard to keep, quite the opposite for most types, there are a few with really specific requirements but most just need room temperature and food.
BlueDragon Posted - 19/08/2012 : 08:39:39
That's a pretty little Mantis : )

I've always wanted a Mantid, but have always been put off with them being so hard to keep. Are they really that hard? I've read they won't eat and just die. I don't think I can cope with any more of my pets getting ill because of me : (
I do like them though. Love to watch them eating, chewing things up. And their colours can be really lovely.

...And they look like Aliens ; )

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000