The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 My first ever boa is home :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 29/09/2012 : 20:37:19
Hey folks, I've been waiting for this moment for weeks now, and the time has finally come. My first boa came home today, his name is Brady. Here is a few photos, sorry about the quality, I've already come to learn that they don't stay as still as royals lol. Hope you enjoy.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ajokocha Posted - 02/10/2012 : 22:10:17
Sounds like your prepared for a challenge then lol. Ah great stuff :) look forward to photos.
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 21:01:41
quote:
Originally posted by ajokocha

I think a burm is a step too far for me lol. An afrock? Bloody hell lol. You must have a big house. What are they like? Temperament wise?

sorry missed your comment.
its male so should get to around 10-14ft possibly bigger, they have a very bad reputation for being agressive and defencive but i do like mental/feisty snakes so should be fun
sweet he is holding the snake for me till the weekend
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 17:48:58
£30 hes be trying to sell it for a while. its 5-6ft an typical afrock temperment so he tells me but its CB so might tame down a bit better
ajokocha Posted - 02/10/2012 : 17:45:05
How much will that set you back if you don't mind me asking?
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 17:34:37
quote:
Originally posted by badwool

quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

best get a burm if you can only have one more.
im hopefully getting an afrock at the weekend

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaazzzy person

maybe a bit just hoping it doesnt get sold before i get paid
badwool Posted - 02/10/2012 : 16:31:14
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaazzzy person
ajokocha Posted - 02/10/2012 : 16:30:56
I know I couldn't believe it myself! I've just weighed him and he weighs less than half of my royals, but is just as strong, if not stronger. Yea I can't wait :)
rockroyal Posted - 02/10/2012 : 15:45:16
The first thing I noted when I got my 1st boa was how strong they are! Going to be great fun once there adults
ajokocha Posted - 02/10/2012 : 15:38:09
I think a burm is a step too far for me lol. An afrock? Bloody hell lol. You must have a big house. What are they like? Temperament wise?
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 12:18:24
ajokocha Posted - 02/10/2012 : 08:36:02
Thanks chris :). I'd love another one, but before I got this one I asked my landlord if I can add on to our 3 royals and she agreed to let us have 2 more snakes and a beardie. So now were allowed one more snake, my girlfriends choosing it and I think she wants a hoggie.
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2012 : 06:28:01
lovely little boa congrats, you will be wanting another one before long
ajokocha Posted - 30/09/2012 : 13:33:24
Cheers guys :) yea he's already calming down. Think he's a lot happier now he's in a rub that's a bit bigger than he was in before.
BlueDragon Posted - 30/09/2012 : 09:28:34
he does look very curious. I'm sure he'll be over his hissy fits soon enough : )
jebus Posted - 30/09/2012 : 02:45:39
Lovely lil fella you got there gongratz! :)
ajokocha Posted - 29/09/2012 : 23:27:42
Oh you're not wrong there! A different league to royals!
Lotabob Posted - 29/09/2012 : 22:34:58
Oh Boas are strong alright, there is definitely a reason for them having constrictor in their name. Sanke is around the 5 foot mark (1kg) and it amazes me how she can turn my hand red gripping my arm and that is just them holding on they aren't even trying all that hard, no wonder prey dies fast when they do really squeeze.
ajokocha Posted - 29/09/2012 : 22:25:57
Cheers baobab :). I'm chuffed to bits with him! Yes he was actually surprisingly strong considering how small he is. Dread to think what he'll be like in a years time lol. I look forward to that day, but in the mean time I have a settling in period to persevere with :(
Baobab Posted - 29/09/2012 : 22:09:11
Aw what a cutie. Bet he had a nice good grip of your arm there. I'm sure Brady will soon be finding a comfy position on you when out and then playing statues for ages.
ajokocha Posted - 29/09/2012 : 21:56:08
Well the three times I went to visit him in the shop he hissed like crazy when I took his lid off, but after a minute or so of handling he's absolutely fine, so inquisitive. But yea, in sure it'll come lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000