The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 spider moult

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 24/11/2012 : 17:55:37
my little Psalmopoeus cambridgei has moulted in the last day or 2, this is the first one of my T's or scorpions ive had moult since i started owning them
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 05/12/2012 : 10:23:43
my mum finds the slings odd as they dont look like spiders to her when their small.
Falice Posted - 04/12/2012 : 22:01:55
I don't know why but I always think the smaller the tarantula the more creepy they are lol. I must admit though I never knew they grow their legs back that's amazing. Creepy but interesting little things
chrisc Posted - 29/11/2012 : 06:04:43
thanks. yes they are seriously fast especially the Lampropelma Violaceopes/singapore blue which i think has just moulted, will try an get some pics of him/her
Lotabob Posted - 29/11/2012 : 01:02:21
Lovely little Chevron or the Speedy Gonzalez spider, lol. I am always blown away by the speed of tarantulas but the arboreals can seriously shift.
chrisc Posted - 28/11/2012 : 08:35:24
got some pics of the Psalmopoeus cambridgei this morning after offering it a little cricket

its definatly much bigger now
chrisc Posted - 27/11/2012 : 22:27:00
its been in the same position since yesterday afternoon, its less than 2cm across an doesnt look like the carapace has split.
i keep the substrate slightly damp so humidity shouldnt be a problem
Lotabob Posted - 27/11/2012 : 22:18:04
I've lost a OBT to a moult gone wrong. It usually only takes them a few hours to moult, can you see if the carapace has split?
chrisc Posted - 27/11/2012 : 21:53:12
didnt know you could see the stomach lining in the moult will look for that when one of the bigger ones moults.

my ornamental baboon who refused a feed last week has been sort of on its back since yesterday but has not done anything yet an its legs are not curled right under.
have gived the pot a spray to up the humidity a little more and am really hoping it moults tonite as i lost the other one a while back i think due to being stuck in the moult so fingers crossed it makes it
Lotabob Posted - 27/11/2012 : 21:31:47
My chilean had a duff leg when I got her, it was all scrawny but moulted and a nice news proper leg appeared. Its amazing how they can regrow limbs. I'd love to understand the process but its baffling, I think whats seriously impressive is they moult their fangs and if you look inside the moult you can see that they also moult their stomach lining. Gross.
jbarlow91 Posted - 26/11/2012 : 21:16:28
That's mad two legs appearing from nowhere lol
badwool Posted - 26/11/2012 : 19:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

im guessing they grow scrunched up inside but i thought they grew legs back a section at a time instead of in one go.

That was my understanding.
chrisc Posted - 26/11/2012 : 19:33:01
im guessing they grow scrunched up inside but i thought they grew legs back a section at a time instead of in one go.

just checked on the spiders and my ornamental baboon who refused a feed the other day is on its back so will check later in the hope of catching the moult.

also my salmon pink has had two bold patches for a few weeks now and its abdomen has gone dark so should moult soon yet its still active an goes mad when i pick up the rub
badwool Posted - 26/11/2012 : 18:51:17
Well, if a T is dehydrated (amongst things) they can have bad moults - they have a small window in which to exacuate the old shed before it hardens - If they feel they are not going to get out in time, rather than stay stuck they can drop a leg or two.

But what puzzles me is, where were the new legs growing?
jbarlow91 Posted - 25/11/2012 : 19:02:34
That's crazy what happened too her legs when she lost them
badwool Posted - 25/11/2012 : 18:28:01
my t, which lost two legs, moulted and had those 2 lost legs back, full length!!!! how the hell did that happen!!! very interesting.

Lotabob Posted - 25/11/2012 : 16:37:52
I love the moulting process they go through its fascinating to watch, I've caught it twice now.

I think the absolute best first Tarantula based on size and temperament would be the Brazilian Black. I've not met an aggressive one. I wish I'd bought one as my lot are mental.

I love my Chilean, had her nearly 2 years and she has fasted for about a year and a half, she is eating again at the moment and not feeding does her no harm she is just very slow growing.
herriotfan Posted - 25/11/2012 : 11:39:09
I was told a good starter spider is the Mexican Redknee. I don't know for sure if that's correct or if I was being wound up!
chrisc Posted - 25/11/2012 : 11:04:05
chilean rose's are good first T's but are known to fast for long periods although mine has never missed a feed.
emeperor scorpions are a good scorpion to own as they an the chilean rose's are usually quite calm but there will be exeptions to this
jbarlow91 Posted - 25/11/2012 : 10:43:07
They are definatly something I am considering getting in future lol. Which spiders and scorpions are good for first time owners or are they all similar
chrisc Posted - 25/11/2012 : 08:17:02
i was given my 17 year old chilean rose about 8 months ago an got over my fear by owning her now have 5 T's and 11 scorpions

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000