The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 New addition.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baobab Posted - 11/05/2013 : 19:10:55
In the end I couldn't say no. We picked (I'm going to call it a her) up this afternoon so tried to get a few pictures before letting her settle in. Not easy though as she's a squirmy little thing.

Can you tell what Jane wants to call her from this photo.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Baobab Posted - 12/05/2013 : 10:15:26
Good link rustyp. I think this is the direction I'm going to go. The plexy will keep in the humidity with the wood helping to insulate. I'm thinking of using an AHS heater as long as it's safe to use in a humid environment.
rustyp1974 Posted - 12/05/2013 : 09:33:59
When I was reading up on them I was thinking glass Exo Terra viv lined with coco or cork to keep the heat stable. Only drawback was the cost of the viv then all the other bits to go with it. I then thought about a wooden viv like the one I've already built but lined with plexi glass.
Looks like someone already did it here - http://www.therainbowboa.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=432
The only thing I would change is the top. Personally I would keep a solid wooden top but line it in the plexi. I also read about people keeping water bowls in the hot & cold end at same time to keep up humidity, or what about a fogger?
Baobab Posted - 12/05/2013 : 01:42:49
Yup, she may be a challenge to keep, but I think she will be so worth it. I'll keep everybody updated on her progress, and mine. Hopefully my choice of enclosure will provide her with the optimum environment. Any advice will be most welcome. Thanks all for the nice comments. I'm sure that everybody that posts pictures of their babies welcome positive and constructive feedback.
Steve83 Posted - 12/05/2013 : 00:44:47
Beautiful snake :)
richard v Posted - 11/05/2013 : 23:59:23
Wow she looks much bigger in the photo with you , than in the faun, well have fun :)
Fezza Posted - 11/05/2013 : 23:31:35
Little stunner
carlb1981 Posted - 11/05/2013 : 22:56:06
Absolutely stunning snake they are a snake that just has to be seen in the flesh
lewman Posted - 11/05/2013 : 22:52:38
Beautiful colours.!!!!!!
boomslang Posted - 11/05/2013 : 22:45:28
Very nice :) :)
Baobab Posted - 11/05/2013 : 21:12:11
Hi Richard, she's just in a faun at the moment as she's so small. Will keep spraying it and keep most of the top covered and see how the humidity holds up. Still in two minds about the final set up.
richard v Posted - 11/05/2013 : 20:55:41
Very nice, what set up did you go for in the end would like to see some pics when its all done
Baobab Posted - 11/05/2013 : 19:41:21
Unfortunately, rustyp, the photos don't do the iridescence or luminescence (or whatever it's called) justice. I hadn't considered getting one of these, but when I saw her in the shop I just couldn't leave her.
rustyp1974 Posted - 11/05/2013 : 19:22:59
I'm not normally the jealous type......I WANT ONE!!

Those colours/pattern are amazing. I was reading about how to care for them a couple of weeks ago & the humidity problem was putting me off but after seeing your photos my Butter pinstripe plan might go on hold :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000