The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 My bunnies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PurplePets Posted - 29/09/2009 : 17:30:10
This could be a long post . I have 7 rescue rabbits and i also do a lot of fundraising and a little fostering for a rabbit rescue. Most of my bunnies have a health issue or a story to tell.

Firstly, Flynn. He is about 6 and he has palsy in his face and has recently learned to walk after becoming paralysed by a disease which attacked his brain.

This is Gracie, she is an english lop and is deaf

This is Taffy

This is Bigwig, he is a lionhead and only has 3 legs. He had to have a hind leg amputation after his previous owner threw him from a moving car.

And this is Holly, and english spot, who is Bigwigs best friend.

This is Giles. He was found dumped in a carpark in a terrible state. He had a horrendous sore ear and back, where he had no fur, just scabs and he was very underweight.

Before (the scabs continued down his back)

And now

And finally Giles' best friend Summer. Summer had to have one of her eyes removed. She had a disease at a previous home which made her eyes develope ulcers under the cornea's. Both eyes are affected, but one was so bad we needed to get it removed.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 15/02/2010 : 10:38:32
aw they are all so cute!! especially BigWig and Gracie
well done you for giving them a loving home
pfleming Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:36:10
you do a great job! :)
PurplePets Posted - 29/09/2009 : 18:02:44
Thanks Kimi . I dont understand animal cruelty, how can people live with themselves? Thing is, Giles and Bigwig, who were treated so badly in previous homes, are so loving, it amazes me how they can trust.

Flystrike is a horrid horrid thing . I nursed a flystrike bunny a few years back (not my bunny, a friends) and it was awful, the wee soul didn't make it, they rarely do . I feel so sorry for you having to witness that .

Bunnies, females especially, tend to get extremely hormonal from about 5 months. This is when they can get aggressive and plain nasty. The best thing is to get them neutered, it calms down the hormones and makes them nicer pets. If your bunnies were not neutered it might explain why they turned nasty? That said, some buns are just bad natured. One of my foster girls would lunge, box, scratch and growl despite being spayed.
kimitree Posted - 29/09/2009 : 17:43:15
Some great pics, and what a great job you are doing - hats off to anyone who takes in sick/injured/abandoned animals.

I love rabbits, but never really had much luck with them, first one I had was lovely, great temperament but ended up with fly strike which wasn't a nice way to go, and the others just turned nasty!

Holly has some fantastic markings, love the stripe down her back, and it almost looks like she's crying! Gracie looks like she has attitude, I love her!

So pleased they have nice homes now. Some people should be...well, I think locked up is the nicest thing to say about people who neglect/abuse animals.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000