The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Meet Boris!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 07/03/2011 : 08:48:41
My beautiful BCI boris is settling in well and we are getting to know each other, think we will be good friends!

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 01/04/2011 : 19:47:29
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

Sunday night he didnt want to go back in his viv....we wrestled and for the first 10 mins he was winning! it took brains over strength in the end but i did win!...just!!! I love that he has a mind of his own though!

Haha I have this little fight on a smaller scale with Sanke, everytime I open him up to change his water he is straight up my arm or attempting to climb the uplighter behind the snakes vivs, then its how do I keep him in long enough to get my hand out and the lid back on. Sanke is a Hog so won't be as big but I know what you mean by strong on a whole other level, Duke is a bruiser and strong but Sanke is tiny and almost as strong already. They fascinate me.

I may consider getting a bigger version at a later date, not ready for it just yet.
chris100575 Posted - 01/04/2011 : 14:41:56
Boris is lovely! You can't go wrong with a boa, they rock! I've had mine for just over two years and she's an angel.
sandi Posted - 12/03/2011 : 21:51:14
Hi sticks,
It will be tough, was for me but its worth it!
Boris is so chilled out with me now and im sure it helped that i put my hand in his viv every day but never touched him for a week. now he knows my smell and he is a sweety!
Have fun with her, but be patient!
STICKS Posted - 12/03/2011 : 16:23:12
Hi there Boris is a very nice looking boa he looks very content i have just come home with a baby one pics soon i hope she is very light in colour she may get the same as your as she grows have fun.
I am dying to get her out but i am going to leave her to settle in it's going to be a tuff week all the best D.
nok1888 Posted - 10/03/2011 : 08:51:04
Never been a fan of boas but the more pics im seeing the more i find myself liking them, he's a cracker
BlueDragon Posted - 10/03/2011 : 08:41:03
X ) Like a stubborn child at bedtime!
sandi Posted - 09/03/2011 : 13:29:26
Sunday night he didnt want to go back in his viv....we wrestled and for the first 10 mins he was winning! it took brains over strength in the end but i did win!...just!!! I love that he has a mind of his own though!
BlueDragon Posted - 09/03/2011 : 11:13:23
How strong a snake is, or indeed how big one gets, has never really bothered me. Although obviously you have to be consantly aware of those things. I've walked up to and stroked a fully grown Boa Constrictor without any fear at all. He just sat there like a long lump! He was used to different people stroking him though, so he was used to it : ) I loved him!

I do like Boas... I can feel a slight urge coming on X )
sandi Posted - 08/03/2011 : 14:21:35
Similar to royals but without the food issues! Much stronger though so quite different to handle.
BlueDragon Posted - 08/03/2011 : 10:02:48
Thanks Sandi : ) I do like Boas, as well as Pythons, I like their heads and the way their eyes move to watch you!

Are they an easy snake to care for?
sandi Posted - 07/03/2011 : 20:52:14
Thanks guys!
Funny isnt it? how we like different things in our snakes! To me the boa is the most Awwwhhhh inspiring snake and the royal is just the most pretty! so now i have one of each....a life long dream. I'm so happy....sooooo happy!
Kelfezond Posted - 07/03/2011 : 17:17:57
He's absolutely beautiful, i've never liked boa's much but wow, he's gorgeous. Can't fault a snake that looks like that
n/a Posted - 07/03/2011 : 16:28:06
what a lovely lad - and to say he came from such a bad home such a short time ago too ...I'm not an expert on boas, mind you, but I'd say he's a credit to you.
sandi Posted - 07/03/2011 : 16:18:45
quote:
Originally posted by BlueDragon

Aww, he's lovley : ) I've always really liked the look of BCIs, how big do they actually get?

Hi BD, the males can get to 6 or 7 ft but the females are bigger, upto 8 ft ish.

Boris is just over 4ft I reckon and is 3yrs old. He was kept in poor conditions and in low temperatures so i think he is happier now! He certainly seems content and is a real sweety!
scubadude Posted - 07/03/2011 : 11:52:47
Lovely BCi, Boris looks very settled.
Margwar Posted - 07/03/2011 : 11:43:50
Gorgeous! I best not let my boyfriend see this else he'll go on for about a day about how much he wants one.
BlueDragon Posted - 07/03/2011 : 09:39:36
Aww, he's lovley : ) I've always really liked the look of BCIs, how big do they actually get?
louise32 Posted - 07/03/2011 : 08:55:25
Great pics.

Borris is gorgeous!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000