The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 And for my next trick - I handle Ziska!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/07/2011 : 16:56:08

She's out! Not entirely pleased ...

Photobucket won't let me post more than one pic per post, so another pic is to follow ...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/07/2011 : 17:08:01
Thanks Scuba - yup, don't worry - there will definitely be more Ziska (internet gods permitting - they've been just lately - oops shouldn't have said that - NICE internet gods! LOL!)

She moves to her permanent viv next week - *pics coming ...

*Please please internet deities??

pps if I could only handle the internet gods like I can handle Ziska eh??
scubadude Posted - 15/07/2011 : 13:42:09
Very Nice BATS and all done without the aid of a safety net (Bloody big gloves)

looking forward to more pics of this lady.
n/a Posted - 15/07/2011 : 11:50:45
Ah - that occurred to me, her chequered pattern but wasn't sure lol! I think the answer would be - with difficulty; she's a zippy little thing unless she's sleeping down my T shirt.

Ah, the old swear filter got you - it's amazing what rude meanings it finds in the most innocent of words ...enough to put ideas into anyone's head lol.

Yes, I think she's settling in in her own fashion; I don't know what it is about the pituophis; they're feisty but fascinating; it's almost an honour to be sworn at and struck at ...I must be strange, but if I could have another snake it one be one of the 'pits' - a bull or pine or another gopher ...I do like the 'wildies.'
BlueDragon Posted - 15/07/2011 : 11:19:46
'Cause she's checkered like a chess board! Sorry, maybe that wasn't a very good one X )

Why has my description of Tig's bite marks been stared??? Strange : /

Yeah, she'll learn your a good thing soon enough. Sounds like she already has... almost!
n/a Posted - 14/07/2011 : 14:44:55
Thanks Blue - yes I think she's bonding with me in her own quirky way.

I only jumped that one time because I didn't have my mind on what I was doing - I can go in and change her water with no trouble and I just wasn't thinking that it was feeding day. Stupid of me! When I'm picking her up, if she strikes, I just keep on moving my hand towards her, and scoop her up and she goes on grumbling but admits defeat, and then, I think, she quite enjoys armchair (or T shirt) walkies ...

Erm, how do you mean, chess lol?
BlueDragon Posted - 14/07/2011 : 11:57:10
Aww, see, she loves you really : 3

Lovely photos, how d'you go about playing chess on that though?

I'm the same with getting bit, I do still jump sometimes. Mind you Tig has only bit me once and that was an accident. Two of the tiniest little pin *****s of blood. I thought it was quite cute really : )
n/a Posted - 14/07/2011 : 11:37:24
Thanks, Tawfik - she's just a typical gopher snake, as in the wild they have to imitate rattlesnakes in order to deter predators, but they're all bluff really. I've been trying to get a pic of her making terrible faces at me, but my photography's not that good.

She is cute - especially when she stops carrying on at me and goes to sleep on my shoulder like a baby - she forgets to be a fierce rattlesnake then lol.
Tawfik47 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 11:17:40
LOL - Lovly lady Ziska .. looks so cute, never look the u talking about (biting ur hands )
n/a Posted - 13/07/2011 : 17:42:32
Aww, Kelf ...

(You mean you might have dropped him on your lap lol?)

You'll get used to it; you'll get so you just keep on handling despite strikes and tickly velcro bites lol.
Kelfezond Posted - 13/07/2011 : 17:28:03
I hate the jumping reflex, when anubis bites me I end up flinging him across the floor by jumping, then I feel sorry for him, run over to pick him up, get bitten and fling him again lol. (that might be a little bit exagerated)

n/a Posted - 13/07/2011 : 16:22:13
Thanks Sandi - you'll be seeing the whole lot of them in due course lol!
sandi Posted - 13/07/2011 : 15:25:16
Ah ziska is lovely! nice to see a pic at last!
n/a Posted - 13/07/2011 : 10:52:10
Thanks Reptilemadd - yeah, I'm dead chuffed - it was purely by accident I tried again with photobucket - and it worked! I keep threatening to swamp TRP with my pics now lol.

There's even a pic of the viv stack - at last! - over on royal python photos.
reptilemadd Posted - 13/07/2011 : 09:35:12
Lovely snake BATS keep up the good work with photo bucket lol
n/a Posted - 12/07/2011 : 23:04:42
Aww, thanks, yes I think she's gorgeous - and she thinks she's gorgeous too - little madam lol!

Oh well, food - they are all unruly when it comes to food - Saada is the sweetest, shyest snake ever but when she's feeling greedy, well, she turns into a ravening monster!

Yeah I can't imagine your Duke being bitey, he sounds a real softy - a gentle giant.
Lotabob Posted - 12/07/2011 : 22:48:20
Sanke is only a madam when food is involved the rest of the time she is incredibly tame and I scared Duke and he just reacted instinctively, he didnt mean any harm I was close enough for him to have got me good if he wanted to he was just saying backup please, i'd say Duke is the least likely to bite of them all, he is such a sweet thing, Spot has never so much as attempted to bite but I bet he could if he was feeling that way inclined.

Ziska is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll have her puppy tame by the time she hits 3 feet let alone 9. I think when they are naughty it gives them character. Spot is my go to snake, he happily sits with me for ages, Duke is the shy guy, a bit jumpy but does like a good explore, Sanke is the Jekyll Hyde snake only she doesn't need potion just the smell of rat.
n/a Posted - 12/07/2011 : 22:10:10
video? youtube??? Be longer than 2 years, that's for sure!

Didn't know your Sanke struck at you - remember that video where she was climbing up on to your hand like a kitten. Little madam! I still wonder if you'd been cooking chicken or something savoury that day Duke went for your face - it's not like him. They are fascinating though with all their odd quirks and temperament lol.

Ziska's two and a half feet long atm but she may make 9', which is why I'm making sure we get used to each other. Yes, to me she just is the most irresistible snake, love that naughty little face when she's sounding off at me ...well, love them all!
Lotabob Posted - 12/07/2011 : 21:35:53
I've only jumped twice so far the first time Duke struck at my face and the first time Spot struck his mouse, I was well prepared for the Boa been a demon so I'm OK with her and don't flinch when she strikes at me and the rat and the dog and the box and the paper towel and the foliage and fresh air.

Anyway back to ZISKA she is soooo much smaller than I thought, and absolutely stunning, about the prettiest snake I've seen patternwise and I am glad I've never seen one in the flesh or I would be quite tempted. I cant wait for you to figure out video mode on your camera and then uploading to youtube (I'll give it 2 years lol).
n/a Posted - 12/07/2011 : 18:31:11
Sorry jhk - we overlapped - yes, they are that quick! I jumped a mile the first time I fed a corn hatchling (the gannet Buffy) but it was still fascinating!

This may be a little weird of me but I'm now disappointed if I don't get a strike feed - there is that 'thrill' when the snake grabs and coils - and I suppose Ziska's the same with her behaviour ...

A walk on the wild side eh?
n/a Posted - 12/07/2011 : 18:10:47
LOl - it's a good thing I don't go to your local shop, Laws, or I WOULD end up with a couple more gophers!

Yeah, it's weird - I think it's the fact that you know they're bluffing, and so you just keep moving towards them. Then the 'bite' if it comes, is only just a tickle. To move away is to attract more trouble and aggression - that 'proper' bite I got was when I was lifting the piece of driftwood up (and not really paying attention) and so she followed my hand. Hopefully Indie/Charlie won't be bitey - hope not.

LOL - Kelf - you'll get used to it. I was lucky, I got 'educated' by the feral cat you may remember me mentioning - when he had my hand in his jaws I HAD to keep still until he spat it out. One of these days you'll just end up taking no notice of a strike. It's all good experience for a career with snakes.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000