The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Laws Torture.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 11/08/2011 : 21:52:46
Just swapping out the kitchen roll so thought I'd snap a few pictures, these were the few he was staying still.

In his safe box (if he is in here he is left alone)

Out on my hand (I'm not squishing him he is sat on top of my fingers.

And the close up.

Sorry laws, but you know you want one!

Oh I forgot to say when I was picking the kitchen roll up he started chirping away at me, it was so cute he then jumped onto my hand.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/08/2011 : 16:28:49
Can't wait ;) and np;)
Laws Posted - 13/08/2011 : 16:14:03
Ok thank , thankyou for all ur help with sorting it all out and advice . Pics to follow hopefully :)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/08/2011 : 16:03:44
We do it 1-2 Times a week and the cgd 1-2 times a week
we leave the cgd in there for 2 nights
Putting it in at night them leave it in the following night then take it out that evening
Laws Posted - 13/08/2011 : 15:41:29
I will do , just been to see some , he's got four and they are prob about two months old if not abit more . He's got crickets and the dust for them . How often to feed the crickets ?
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/08/2011 : 15:09:38
It dont smell as nice as repashy

If I was you I'd just get some crickets to see you through till you get the proper food ;)
And some nutrablo
Laws Posted - 13/08/2011 : 15:04:00
Aaah got ya ! I heard they weren't as keen on it etc . Gonna go look at some now , I'm on my break for two hours at work and then will see if I can reserve one for tomorro :)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/08/2011 : 14:56:58
Crickets ;) sprinkled with nutrablo and shaken

You don't have to get repashy or clarks

Shops will sell the Komodo crested gecko food it's cheaper than the other 2
Laws Posted - 13/08/2011 : 14:52:38
I am excited , just trying to get one sorted and then try and get food . I could get one tomorro but then need to order the powder , so not sure on how I wud feed it while I wait for the CGD to come . I have his home set up ready tho and am watching the temps .
Lotabob Posted - 13/08/2011 : 13:44:53
Aww another crestie owner (to be). I have Harley in an 18 Litre RUB, I had it stood up but it was really unstable, its the right way up now and Harley doesn't mind one bit he is so small he has plenty of room to move about even climbing. His viv wont be free for a month when Spot and Duke move into their new Vivs Snake and Harley are moving to the 2 footers for a few months while I kit out their vivs. Anyway not about me lol, I'm sure your so excited. Dark ones go light at night, Harley goes really dark and rusty coloured in the day but is yellow looking at night.
reptilemadd Posted - 13/08/2011 : 12:49:05
Nice job on getting the go ahead laws lol, and I've got an abundance of Dubia Roaches if anyone wants them at a fair price of course lol, as far as the vaseline goes Bluedragon it's not needed as they are the only cock roach that can't climb smooth surfaces:), the only bad thing about them is they are slow growing if you are thinking of breeding them it'll take at least six months depending on how many you start with..
n/a Posted - 13/08/2011 : 11:57:17
Hi, Laws, let me know re classifieds you want to look up and I'll have a look through them and email you. Is it RFUK etc? I'll be idle from 2pm on - give me something to do lol.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/08/2011 : 10:53:33
and she only charges £20 delivery :)
reptiledanny Posted - 13/08/2011 : 10:21:01
have a look on lilly exotics, amanda is very good, and breeds very high quality cresties. her price ranges from £35-70, the simple harlequin being lower depending on quality, and the high quality pinstripes being 70. she has lots to offer, and is very nice to talk to
Laws Posted - 13/08/2011 : 01:00:42
I'm really excited now ! This little one has been a long time comming ! I think I will be getting him/her sunday . Hate that my internet is down as I can't check classifieds section to see how much they are selling for privately . Boo ! I will try and get pics of the set up soon , need to give sky an ear bashing as internets been down three or four days already .
reptiledanny Posted - 12/08/2011 : 18:43:59
everything has been said really, and congrats
73* is perfect, i tried to aim for about 70-78*, and never let it exceed 80*F as it can become dangerous and kill them from excessive heat. you can let it drop down to about 65* but it can stunt the growth a little so they grow slower. i found mine was more happy with temps around 73-75 as that was when he was active and ate his most
Evolution Morphs Posted - 12/08/2011 : 18:32:31
Floppy tail syndrome (FTS)

Floppy tail syndrome (FTS) is a condition that affects crested geckos and, very rarely, gargoyle geckos. It is characterised by the tail drooping either to the side or over the back of a gecko when it rests with its head pointing downward; the animal's pelvis may also appear to be twisted. It has been suggested that it occurs when the adhesive lamellae at the tip of the tail cannot support the weight of the tail when the gecko repeatedly rests in a head-down position on the walls of its enclosure, causing the tail to flop down. It is hypothesised that, over time, this will lead to distortion of the bones forming the pelvic girdle, with this deformation being exacerbated if the gecko is suffering from a slight calcium deficiency. FTS is cannot be reversed once it has occurred. However, preventative measures include providing abundant foliage, branches, cork bark etc so that geckos have ample resting places and so can avoid resting in a head down position for prolonged periods and ensuring that their diet is provided with the correct supplements.
Laws Posted - 12/08/2011 : 17:55:34
I got no internet at home and my phone is abit limited . What shud I be checking for ?
Evolution Morphs Posted - 12/08/2011 : 17:53:48
pets at home sell them to £49.99

just check to make sure it aint got floppy tail syndrome

google

fts crested gecko
Laws Posted - 12/08/2011 : 17:24:31
Okies that's cool , just weren't too sure as it has no additive , artifcial colours etc . Just need to find me a little one now . Petshop by me sells them for 70 which is very steep I feel , another one does them for 50 . Also need to get repashys stuff too
Evolution Morphs Posted - 12/08/2011 : 16:54:47
baby food isnt good for them so personally i would say innocent smoothies are either. but i dont really know. to be on the safe side i would just buy some strawberries, mango and\or papaya and blend them up to a smoothie. we then freeze in ice cube trays. it makes loads too

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000