The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Viv pics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boomslang Posted - 16/10/2011 : 22:17:17
Got bored so took some pics lol.

This one is the corns viv,wanted to do a wheat/corn field look.But the fake wheat grass,was £100 for a bunch of ten.

And the pics are kinda crappy,as was taken with my phone
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 31/10/2011 : 01:08:40
quote:
Originally posted by gary

cheers boomslang

np m8 :)
gary Posted - 30/10/2011 : 22:53:08
cheers boomslang
Tawfik47 Posted - 30/10/2011 : 21:17:36
Very nice setups !!
boomslang Posted - 30/10/2011 : 14:28:04
quote:
Originally posted by gary

hi boomslang just a small Q what is the name ov the first tank and what size plz let me know i really like that size tank and looks cheers

2 ft by 2ft by 3 ft high.

http://www.reptileone.com.au/housing.php 5th one down.
gary Posted - 30/10/2011 : 12:00:07
hi boomslang just a small Q what is the name ov the first tank and what size plz let me know i really like that size tank and looks cheers
boomslang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 18:25:46
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Wilkinson's used to sell really good fake plants, quite cheaply. I had a beauty for about 10 years and when I did Ziska's viv I gave it a good wash and put it in there. But it doesn't stand up any more; madam sees to that ...

Yeah theres a real lack of good fake plants,reptile one plants are ****,£6 to £9 each and look like something a 4 year old made.

Still think the best stick on plants,are the exo terra ones.
n/a Posted - 17/10/2011 : 18:18:12
Wilkinson's used to sell really good fake plants, quite cheaply. I had a beauty for about 10 years and when I did Ziska's viv I gave it a good wash and put it in there. But it doesn't stand up any more; madam sees to that ...
boomslang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 18:13:21
Yeah i found some super cool ones awhile back looked real,but like i said £100 and £30 shipping from the states

Most of the standing up plants,we can buy here look like crap and are overpriced :)
n/a Posted - 17/10/2011 : 15:40:37
Ah, those are actually the tops of corn on the cob plants - they look pretty cool for artificial ones but at that price ...

Yes, that's the only trouble with dried grass - I still think wheat might be more durable but anything flimsy, or anything like barley or oats or grass that has those whiskery seeds would be a real no-no as the whiskers, known as 'awns' can hook into animal (or reptile) anatomy. Dried corn on the cobs could look really good though ...corn snakes' backsides permitting lol.
boomslang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 14:25:48
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Those are beautiful setups! I like the corn-snake one especially - just really really good, lucky snake. No, I wouldn't have paid out £100 for a bunch of corn just for a corn snake to do what corns do on it ...

Have you tried florists etc - I believe you can get dried corncobs for flower arranging etc. It's too late now, but next autumn, if in some countryside, you could just pick yourself a bunch of wheat (not sure if you meant American corn or English)when the farmer's not looking, hang it upside down for a week or so and then, voila, dried corn! (The little vandal will stll crap on it but at least it'll have been free.

I tried that :P they get crushed and fall to bits,and make a mess everyhwere :P something like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-12-Artificial-Wheat-Grass-Gathering-Greenery-/330544710846?_trksid=p3911.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3540091672597113464
n/a Posted - 17/10/2011 : 13:18:06
Those are beautiful setups! I like the corn-snake one especially - just really really good, lucky snake. No, I wouldn't have paid out £100 for a bunch of corn just for a corn snake to do what corns do on it ...

Have you tried florists etc - I believe you can get dried corncobs for flower arranging etc. It's too late now, but next autumn, if in some countryside, you could just pick yourself a bunch of wheat (not sure if you meant American corn or English)when the farmer's not looking, hang it upside down for a week or so and then, voila, dried corn! (The little vandal will stll crap on it but at least it'll have been free.
boomslang Posted - 16/10/2011 : 23:01:25
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Thats cheating lol.

hehe problem is,it was purchased with chams in mind.so theres vents in the back and sides.I put fans on the back to,So it has even better airflow.
Lotabob Posted - 16/10/2011 : 22:52:12
Thats cheating lol.
boomslang Posted - 16/10/2011 : 22:43:06
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Looks great, is the top one your chameleon setup. If so its very good I cant see it.

Its an empty viv hehe,never got round to putting anything in there atm :) it was for a group of trioceros hoehnelli.But couldn't find the right ones.

Lotabob Posted - 16/10/2011 : 22:21:13
Looks great, is the top one your chameleon setup. If so its very good I cant see it.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000