The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Meet The Doobs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 18/10/2011 : 14:42:43

The girl one. I have 5 of these.

The boy ones. I have 3 of these.

I also still have a selection of sizes fromm the original bunch.

Its my own tiny colony, they are firstly pets, if they produce a lot of babies then thats OK but I dont have a massive call for food so even a little bit now and then is fine.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptilemadd Posted - 20/10/2011 : 18:58:40
Where are you Laws? and if there are a few near you you could all put in for the delivery I'm not sure but I think It'd only be about a fiver for a couple of hundred and as much as I'd like to sell them if you paid the postage you could have a few
Lotabob Posted - 20/10/2011 : 00:33:49
Two of my females are looking very rounded they may be ready to drop me some babies soon, if they do decide to drop some babies I'll round a few up for you and post them, see if your gecko-gang like them. Harley eats them but doesn't eat them with the enthusiasm of a cricket, I think they are easier to catch. You want to try them with waxworms too, Harley loves them, its the only thing he will take from my hand.
Laws Posted - 19/10/2011 : 20:23:57
i need to get me some of these to feed the cresties , reptilemadd if only u were close to me i would have some to feed my gang
blackskull Posted - 19/10/2011 : 20:02:56
in that case i will make sure the oh doesn't feed them all to norma and pick up a few males
Lotabob Posted - 19/10/2011 : 19:07:15
I woudl say if they are adults and you cant spot the great big wings ont their back then they are female.
blackskull Posted - 19/10/2011 : 18:59:15
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

After the adult shed you can see big wings on the males and short rubbish wings on females. If they dont have any they are still juveniles.

the ones she bought were adults (look about the same size as the ones in pics) so would i be wrong in thinking that if they look female they prob are
boomslang Posted - 19/10/2011 : 13:23:50
quote:
Originally posted by Tawfik47

how they dont fly away or run away from u !!

there poor climbers and they can only really glide.
Tawfik47 Posted - 19/10/2011 : 09:02:35
how they dont fly away or run away from u !!
reptilemadd Posted - 19/10/2011 : 07:55:03
Can't even give them away lol, It takes about 6 months for them to reach adulthood
Lotabob Posted - 18/10/2011 : 23:42:48
After the adult shed you can see big wings on the males and short rubbish wings on females. If they dont have any they are still juveniles.
blackskull Posted - 18/10/2011 : 22:54:09
quote:

They may not be all female they might not have done their adult shed yet, they all look the same upto that point.

thanks for that
Lotabob Posted - 18/10/2011 : 22:53:04
They may not be all female they might not have done their adult shed yet, they all look the same upto that point.

blackskull Posted - 18/10/2011 : 21:58:00
quote:

I have 5 adult females and 3 adult males, just as a starting point, I have about 50 smaller ones that will hopefully step up into adult mode soon. Its only a small colony but I can build on it and I dont have a massive call for live food so a slow steady breeding rate will be enough but mainly they are going to be kept as pets, they are so cute.

the oh finds them cute and feels sad feeding them to norma. had a look in the pot she got and they all female. will keep a few back and order some males
Lotabob Posted - 18/10/2011 : 21:49:19
I have 5 adult females and 3 adult males, just as a starting point, I have about 50 smaller ones that will hopefully step up into adult mode soon. Its only a small colony but I can build on it and I dont have a massive call for live food so a slow steady breeding rate will be enough but mainly they are going to be kept as pets, they are so cute.
reptilemadd Posted - 18/10/2011 : 19:13:28
They will breed quite easiley if kept warm enough although they tend to breed better when there are more of them, more relaxed in larger numbers, and I've said it before but I'll say it again I've got far too many so if anyone wants some just let me know
blackskull Posted - 18/10/2011 : 17:49:49
we are thinking of getting some of these too to start a small colony to feed to norma. the other half ordered 50 of them which i have to go and pick up from her work tonight. weather there is a mix of males and females i don't know but if there is i shall seperate a few
n/a Posted - 18/10/2011 : 17:19:51
Cute beasties, just don't tell them their kids are going to be Trixie's cockroach crumble ...
boomslang Posted - 18/10/2011 : 16:51:06
So they arrived,you said about getting a colony going :)you only have them two so far?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000