The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 PIT WARNING II - Here he is!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 17:24:52
Here is Shadrach my new pine snake getting out of his pillowcase and into his viv. He's very laid back, unlike cousin Ziska! Just quick snapshots as I wanted to get him tucked up in the warm:-

I'm so pleased with him! Thanks for looking!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/12/2011 : 12:01:22
Thanks Chris - oh, naughty boy, though that's the pit's nature. Brilliant snakes. I've got used to Ziska now - I go in nice and slow and you actually get used to holding nice and steady when you get struck at, and just picking her up regardless. I can't believe how well-behaved this little pine is. I expected a tail rattle and a hiss at the least, but, apart from sleeping for a couple of days after his grub, he's there at the viv window periscoping like a lonely little cobra, he seems to love company.

Must put the fire on in here and bring my lonesome pine down for armchair walkies ...
chrisc Posted - 24/12/2011 : 01:43:43
awsome snake, did notice when i held my little bull snake i think he was anal popping. the little pop pop pop sound along with hissing an tail rattling
n/a Posted - 15/12/2011 : 13:09:45
Thanks - lol, only if she had scales and could live in a 3' viv! At least she'll grow out of it - I have a bolshy adult (Ziska) up my jumper atm; she's been eyeballing me all morning, had the usual tantrum when I brought her out but, now she's got what she wanted, is being good as gold. I don't think she'll ever grow out of it but makes life interesting. (Snakes train you - be warned!)
JanieW Posted - 15/12/2011 : 12:23:48
Aww he looks and sounds gorgeous..and please don't mention bolshy teens lol I have one and she does my head in..maybe you have room for another?
n/a Posted - 15/12/2011 : 11:59:24
Thanks Blue - yes a few of them do it - here is a vid of a snake I'd never heard of before ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGJMHOUD7o

(Take no notice of the opening scenes of the rattlesnake - it's not a rattler.)

He's still as friendly - every time I go up to see him he's out and looking at me, all on his own in the back bedroom ...I keep explaining to him that he has to have his settling in period and I don't think he's impressed ...right at the moment he's what you might call a lonesome pine ....cue for song ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlYDmTzic8

Sorry couldn't resist!
BlueDragon Posted - 15/12/2011 : 10:06:21
I never knew any snake did that! Skunk-snake X )

He seems such a friendly boy though, and very pretty : )
n/a Posted - 13/12/2011 : 13:10:02
Thanks Figs - and yes, if you've got the room, I'd always recommend an extra pit!

He's on the prowl again this morning - I've been talking to him and explaining that he has to have some time to settle in but he's pleading for his armchair walkies - such a friendly little guy. One thing that put me off pines for a while (until I fell in love with them) is a habit they may have of 'cloacal popping' if angry or frightened. In other words they fart at you, and musk too, but I can't see that that's going to be a problem with him, unless he starts getting bolshy in his teens lol. I'll still love him!
Figs Posted - 13/12/2011 : 00:37:33
He's a cutie pie! Congrats
Might have to get myself a diddy pit one day...
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 22:54:22
Thanks GMac and Mamma.

Oh, by the way, that was my first viv, which came with the embarrassing temp strip, stuck on in the wrong place of course ...

I think you can see my trusty temp gun in one pic though ...
Mamma Posted - 12/12/2011 : 21:29:03
Hes a stunner
GMac Posted - 12/12/2011 : 21:27:14
very nice BATS, very cool addition
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 21:24:41
Thanks Tawfik.
Tawfik47 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:35:09
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I had to open the door to make a slight adjustment in the viv, and he was out, straight on to my hand as if he'd known me all his life. Not zippy, or hissy, or bitey.

how sweet is Shadrach love him so much.
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:06:26
Thanks, Lotabob - and I can't believe his temperament - I was ready for another Ziska (although I was told he's very laid back) but I went up to see how he was getting on, and he was actually out, inspecting everything, and when he saw me he plastered himself against the front of the viv - 'armchair walkies, Lil!'

I had to open the door to make a slight adjustment in the viv, and he was out, straight on to my hand as if he'd known me all his life. Not zippy, or hissy, or bitey.

The guy who bred him has over 80 snakes and believes in handling them regularly - and it shows, I reckon. I'm giving Shadrach a proper settling in period of course, but he's so placid I can't believe!
Lotabob Posted - 12/12/2011 : 18:59:42
Awww he is lovely.
n/a Posted - 12/12/2011 : 18:03:36
Shadrach says thankyou to his Aunty Mystra!
mystra Posted - 12/12/2011 : 17:48:56
woohooooo! hello Shadrach, what a handsome boy you are!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000