The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 new bull snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 23/12/2011 : 23:02:04
first up is the little "female" very docile an fine to handle
my nephew ben in the back. he wants a royal when/if i breed some next year

and heres the big male. ok ish to handle but very fast an a little feisty, has headbutted/struck my arm a few times. think we will get on well

hope you enjoy the pics. im very happy with them an with being male an female could breed them in a year.
my mum new i was getting 1 snake, oh well i could not say no to both for £60 an a rub for the smaller one
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 30/12/2011 : 17:13:26
i need to invest in a decent camera as my phone one is not that good an the didgital one is crap.
loving that first pic
n/a Posted - 30/12/2011 : 17:02:38
Couldn't be sure but here's another thread ... oh wow wish I could take pics like this ...sighs ...

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5907&SearchTerms=bully+bull+bull
chrisc Posted - 30/12/2011 : 15:48:57
tex does look very evil.
so these snakes do have a pink bit on their nose, thought my 2 had been rubbing their nose's an made it sore
n/a Posted - 30/12/2011 : 15:42:27
It's Figs on here and it is a bull snake (though she might be on tcs too.) Coooool pics and snake!!!

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6646

Lol Tawfik, they all, bulls, gophers and pines, do their best to look evil - my Ziska has a face on her like a grumpy tortoise ...it's so cute! Though my little pine's totally laid back, even if he does strike at his grub (and the tongs) like a sabre-toothed tiger!
chrisc Posted - 30/12/2011 : 13:48:07
thanks. thats one thing i like about them
Tawfik47 Posted - 30/12/2011 : 13:40:58
Very nice pics Bull snake looks evil haha
chrisc Posted - 30/12/2011 : 13:01:40
always people who want to spoil it for others.
cool vid, shows its mostly bluff with pits

cant remember if its on here or on TCS someone has a snake called terrible tex thats a pit i think
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 17:35:20
Yes, I know what you mean - it's like the snakes are status symbols or come second to the cult of 'personality' (whatever that may be) and pushiness ...can't do with it. Though there ARE some good people on there, just hate the general atmosphere.

did like this vid though - and what he says below about never having been bitten by an adult bull - sensible guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upPXpYMnC48
chrisc Posted - 29/12/2011 : 16:38:26
problem i have is some people will slate others for asking a newbie question, pointless an gets them know where.

lovely snake. yes bet that would get her all exited
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 16:29:30
Yeah, I'm not keen on it, was a regular for a couple of months and then got pigged off lol.

This thread's good though - love the pit on this page - the creamy coloured one -

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/568854-get-your-pits-out-7.html

Better not show him to Ziska!
chrisc Posted - 29/12/2011 : 16:20:58
could be love sick. although i only found out the other week that corns etc also fast, jeffs missed 2 feeds.

im not a huge fan of rfuk but its handy for info when theres no dedicated forums of very few care sheets and for the classifieds
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 16:09:14
Ah, me old mate Nelly! Rfuk was never really my thing but Nelly and I used to chat - yes I remember him mentioning Wilf - stunning bull!

Also it's interesting - another entry on the page for the end of Jan, from someone saying his girl hasn't eaten for a month. Ziska's exhibiting full shed behaviour atm, hasn't made any mess, isn't coming out, no nothing, so much so that I haven't disturbed her to check; I see from my records that a shed's very likely, but she's been a lot mardier just lately and she didn't eat her rat last night though that's possibly due to blue. I was wondering if she was beginning to be affected by the mating season as pits can fast just like royals, well, so can corns. Looks like it's very possible that she's lovesick, poor lass.
chrisc Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:14:44
theres some more stunning pits on this RFUK thread ive been reading.
the adult bull on this page is HUGE!

edit: the link might help
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/568854-get-your-pits-out-40.html
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:01:51
That's an amazing snake!

Ziska carries on more like the rufous-beaked when she's excited or wants to come out. She's in deep blue atm though, not doing a thing. Glad your little guys are settling in.
chrisc Posted - 29/12/2011 : 13:29:08
it was more of a swaying from side to side.
thats a cool little snake an yes very alert/inquisitive.

the little female is getting brave now an will be out an climbing about while im watching an the male whos in blue is not hideing away as soon as he sees me now.

just found these kingsville red bulls, stunning i want one
http://www.reptileradio.net/reptileradio/showthread.php?t=31580
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 11:21:02
Yes! They seem to be much more alert, like a really wild snake.

Haven't noticed Shadrach quite so much, but Ziska does this a lot when she's excited/interested. So does Shiva for that matter. They remind me of these guys - Welly, or a friend of his, has one of these and I found
a vid of one - this little guy is super-alert, fascinating to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZY2ZGhuEm8
chrisc Posted - 29/12/2011 : 10:13:53
hey BATS do either ziska or shadrach shake their heads from side to side much?
i noticed the little one was doing this while flicking her tounge an rattling her tail on my hand, only a slight movment side to side. was interesting to watch, im guessing this it something to do with when they are tasting the air as she was doing the same in the viv while watching me
chrisc Posted - 27/12/2011 : 08:08:54
yea that made me laught that he picked it up to move it again because it was i the open. once he an the camera etc left it alone it would have scarpered off to hide
n/a Posted - 26/12/2011 : 12:53:34
Just had to post this up although you've probably seen it already on the rfuk pit thread Chris; this, for anyone else interested, is imo, how to get bit by a pit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=wduiPQuMgzE

I know the guy is an 'expert' and the snake is wild, but if he'd just gone in nice and slow and picked the bull up by its body, instead of fiddling about wincing away, I don't think he'd have got bitten. Same with releasing it and making it safe. And tv dramatisation ...grrr!

Ziska carries on just the same as this; she's struck at my face twice (felt her breath on my cheek lol) but she's only ever tagged my hand twice. First was when she was little; on feeding day she was invisible and I moved a piece of wood in front of her cool hide. She came out of nowhere as I was lifting the wood away and gave me a tiny tag on a finger. Second was when I was showing her off to Scorpio who'd delivered me a viv, and I pointed at Zisk's puffed up throat. So Zisk gave me another tiny tag on a finger. My fault.

I find that if I go in nice and slow, and keep going, even if she strikes, her 'bites' are all bluff. Then she'll still tantrum when I pick her up ...she'll manacle one of my hands with her tail, just as the wild bull did to the guy trying to release it, while her front end lunges off into space with only one hand to manage it ...then she'll climb into my sweater and go to sleep, though she may wake up pretty lively lol.

That is pits for you, all breath and britches!

Erm sorry for lecture on pit psychology lol.

n/a Posted - 26/12/2011 : 11:42:41
My pleasure!

I'm really glad someone else appreciates pits - as you say they really are an underrated snake, easy as a corn to keep, diurnal, and to my mind pretty spectacular. I suppose not everyone appreciates their temperament if it's like Ziska's, though you can get corns just as volatile; it was after getting Missy-with-the-attitude-problem that I was emboldened to buy Ziska.

I love pits - they're a snake you don't meet every day!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000