The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Ziska just shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 17:02:09

She's in the cool end of her 5' viv in this pic; her big water bowl (an earthenware casserole dish) is in the hot end, and the humidity seems to have worked this time - about 3 hours ago I was pottering about in the kitchen, came back into the living room and there was a loud hiss and bang as Ziska struck at her viv glass. Her tail, waggling furiously, was in the last stages of emerging from what looked like a very nice shed.

'Shouldn't be looking!' roared Ziska. (Well, that is the mod-acceptable translation. I fear the word that rhymes with 'looking' was interspersed throughout the original version.) I let her sort herself out and returned to retrieve the shed and it was great, unlike the previous disastrous one. Lovely and damp and only missing its chinpiece. Eyecaps and tailtip off - good lass.

Meanwhile the good lass was in her cool end, as you can see, swearing blue murder. I opened the viv door and she struck at my face. Knowing her as I do, I reached in and picked her up. There was any amount of terrible language but she never offered to go for my hands. Pits are like that.

She looks beautiful. She must be a year old now and her head is bigger than my thumb. Her body scales are radiant, their rough bronzy terracotta intensified; the smooth scales of her head are newly polished.

I've spent the afternoon with her in my lap and up my sweater on my shoulders. Getting up for another Saturday afternoon bevvy (armchair walkies is always most agreeable with a nice bevvy for the human) I had to hobble, bent double like Quasimodo, so as not to disturb Madam.

She's a funny snake, a sort of Jekyll and Hyde character, and for all her bad language and disorderly behaviour, very very lovable ...
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 08/01/2012 : 14:13:29
Thanks Chris - she stayed out for 4 hours!!

In a warm room and snuggled first on my shoulders and then in my armpit ...Nothing got done. I just had to sit there with her lol.

Today, would you believe it, she was up at the front of the viv, hissing and striking and making faces, so of course I had to bring her out again. She started to strike at my hand - and stopped! 'Oh,' she said. 'You again is it?' She's now sitting half underneath me, half up my sweater, and when she wriggles her guts make an unbelievable gurgling noise ...she hasn't made a mess yet ...

And the washing machine outflow is blocked and a cat's battering at the stair door, but Princess Ziska demands my company. Haven't half missed her while she was in shed though ...
chrisc Posted - 08/01/2012 : 11:24:13
ah the angry pit pose. shes looking lovely there bats
reptilemadd Posted - 07/01/2012 : 20:31:29
Many thanks but it was my idea to wait cause of work and other commitments I won't really have the time untill the school holidays.
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 19:48:45
Ah that's great, pity you have to wait but congrats in advance anyway!
reptilemadd Posted - 07/01/2012 : 18:50:06
LOL yes Bats it's me I was going to get a pastel before an albino, but BE seems happy with my attitude and ability to take care of him properly, but won't be picking him up till the half term holidays, I like to collect my animals myself not to mention I'd like to meet BE since I used a lot of his knowledge when starting out with Cerb.
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 18:21:06
LOL ...I'll get you Janey!!!

No, seriously, thanks guys ...hey, Reptilemadd, I'm being nosey but are you getting that het albino boy from BE? Been reading classifieds and wondering if congrats are in order???
reptilemadd Posted - 07/01/2012 : 17:52:21
She's looking lovely Bats.
JanieW Posted - 07/01/2012 : 17:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

very nice looking beast BATS

Gmac when I read that and looked at the pic..and looked again thinking "I don't see a photo of Bats" then realised you meant Ziska

*grins*

Sowwy Lillith I couldn't resist hehe

Seriously tho, Ziska is looking stunning, and she sounds like alot of fun:)
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 17:37:24
Thanks GMac - lol, 'beast' just about describes her!

She's now bundled up in my sleeve - an occasional twitch or sigh of exasperation greets my any movement, such as typing ...uh oh ...she's coming up for air!!!
GMac Posted - 07/01/2012 : 17:12:09
very nice looking beast BATS

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000