The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Another addition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 12/02/2012 : 16:19:48
This may be a bit of a clue as to a little venture I'm embarking on. I'll give more details of it a bit later on but basically I am going through a lot of live food but not quick enough that half of what I buy is dying SO I've decided to cultivate my own and sell off CHEAP what I dont require.

Anyway enough about that say hello to the newest members of my growing family of critters.

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 21:27:53
Oh Lol yes - my mother was a devil for that - we once picked some Queen Anne's Lace and she went ballistic - 'That's mother-die! If you bring it into the house, your mother will die!'

More than 50 years on, she's still going strong lol ...

Actually that's an old superstition, that white flowers belong to the Goddess, and it's unlucky to bring them indoors, but as a Pagan, I reckon the Goddess is kindlier than that.
paulie78 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 21:10:16
Interesting thanks Bat that video does bring back memories my mum didnt half make me paranoid about a fair few things some which are just plain stupid but as a kid you take everything they say as gospel dont you lmao
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:53:37
Ah, they do say that the hairy caterpillars (woolly bears) can cause irritation of skin.

Never found it to be so myself though.

I LOVE woolly bears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mM3zoyxx6E

(this is probably the caterpillar of the peacock butterfly; other woollies may be red admirals and other gorgeous things ...never hurt a woolly!)
JanieW Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:10:57
Katana found a black hairy caterpillar, she carried it around for an hour til I insisted she put it down under a bush.

lol me I used to go round with a pal and we spiked them with a pointy stick..and worms I collected a bucket load and tipped them on the chicken run..was fun watching the hens jump around plucking them off the top.
I think the reason for the caterpillars were that they grew into crop damaging whites..least that's what she said :)
Lotabob Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:56:30
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

mum would never let us touch was the black hairy ones

Best quote of the month!
paulie78 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 10:42:38
Lol i was a caterpillar in jars kinda kid too only ones mum would never let us touch was the black hairy ones she always said theyd turn us blind lol god knows why but we believed her!! ive never touched one to this day lol

Good luck bob best wishes with the new venture can only be a good thing as far as im concerned good qaulity foods farmed by ethical people not just in it for the money!
carlycorn Posted - 13/02/2012 : 09:26:31
I started my mealworm colony just after new year, Now I have a box full of darkling beetles ready to go and make babies...a bit of advice for the meal worms, have a box for each phase because the remaining meal worms and beetles will eat the cocoon stage critters, I have separated mine now, box of beetles, box of mealies and a box of aliens.
n/a Posted - 12/02/2012 : 21:58:24
LOL, cool - but just make sure you keep it away from the gecko ...would hate to see Harley disappearing down the gullet of a purple fuzzalapod ...

Hey, you never posted about getting a fuzzalapod! Not fair!!!
Lotabob Posted - 12/02/2012 : 19:42:46
Oh I already have a worm nosed fuzzalapod, it makes a great pet.
n/a Posted - 12/02/2012 : 19:38:01
Ohh and I found this but sorry parents and mods, it's a bit rude ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgY88fb3ew&feature=endscreen

lmao
n/a Posted - 12/02/2012 : 19:31:55
Ah - have heard of Roundhay park but with my dislike of crowds, have never been, it does sound cool.

Love bugs! But be careful ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=5rV9t1a2TT4

Lotabob Posted - 12/02/2012 : 18:42:27
Those caterpillars are stunning, I was one of those kids with bugs in sweetie tubs. My favourite place as a child was (you may know it BATS) is Tropical World at Roundhay Park in Leeds, they have a huge butterfly house and had a incubator for the chrysalis and it was amazing watching them emerge. I also loved their leave cutter ants display, I do intend on getting some of these one day just make sure there is a moat or they'd all escape.

I'll be practically giving them away Kelf
Kelfezond Posted - 12/02/2012 : 18:17:44
I take this means I'm getting free tarantula food, bob? ^^
n/a Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:56:10
Oooh, creeeeeepy crawlies!

Lovely! I was the kind of kid who used to have jars of caterpillars lol - even last year I got really excited about seeing cinnabar moth caterpillars in the wild - well, you would, wouldn't you, well you would if you were weird like me ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYaqY-f81KQ

They're gorgeous, like orange stripy socks, and they wag about ...Kelf don't watch.

Congrats on the mealworms Bob.
chrisc Posted - 12/02/2012 : 16:51:04
ive got a little colony of mealworms myself an their breeding quite well.
may have to get myself a scorpion to help eat them though.
been told im not allowed one so will have to sneak it into the house
Kelfezond Posted - 12/02/2012 : 16:50:38
Well that's just nasty o.o
Lotabob Posted - 12/02/2012 : 16:44:41
And then there are these guys too

(They dont need this much carrot normally but when I get them home they are all so thirsty that I dump a load in for the first day to get them rehydrated).

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000