The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 the adventures of ivan(pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 19/02/2012 : 12:50:02
ivan shed yesterday so got him out for a photoshoot then he decided it would be fun to hide inside my tshirt again
i swear he looks twice as wide now

ooo whats up here?

hello

is that a rat??

bored of that now

can you guess what happened next?

after 5 mins of untangling the little git from the wires i got a couple more pics

a nice head shot

and one of his new climbing branch

enjoy
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 20/02/2012 : 19:14:34
thanks bats, got some more branches that need sanding down for the other vivs.
yes thats a bit more than 1 1/2 times its size, its amazing how big snakes can acctually stretch.
saw a viv a while back of a rectic i think eating a huge antelope or deer an it was that big the snakes sides had split in places yet it swallowed it all
n/a Posted - 20/02/2012 : 14:12:49
Same here - Ziska and Shadrach are just the same - it's like a normal snake's eating time speeded up. I've always thought it's maybe to do with pits being diurnal snakes; they're in more danger of being interrupted by a predator or competitor at their meal, so they eat as fast as they can.

Don't know if you've seen this, but just watch this gopher go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohLr5xm_Pw

And look at the SIZE of that rabbit! They break all the feeding rules and size guides in the wild, greedy little gits. Surprised they don't end up with indigestion lol.

oh ps - realise I never said how good Derek's setup and new branch looks, it's cool.
chrisc Posted - 19/02/2012 : 21:43:16
the thing that gets me with these bull snakes is how fast the rat goes down to their stomach after theyve eaten
n/a Posted - 19/02/2012 : 18:02:06
Lol - it's really amazing, the way they use their muscles, noticed the same myself when handling - and when they eat, they manipulate the food in their coils like we would with two hands and a knife and fork, only far more elegantly - snakes are just so incredible ...

Good luck with the lass's shed.
Tawfik47 Posted - 19/02/2012 : 17:44:47
lol very nice pic, remember me of the massage Blitz gave me few days ago. lol
chrisc Posted - 19/02/2012 : 17:10:03
they can sometimes do cute, i did think he was going to bite my ear at one point was showing a lot of interest in it an its feeding day.
its quite cool when hes climbing inside my tshirt as you can feel all the muscles an belly scales moving to get grip.
the female has now gone blue aswell
n/a Posted - 19/02/2012 : 15:55:43
Superb pics! Loved especially the ones where he's sticking his nose out of the neck of your shirt - lol! Who says pits can't do cute?

He is a most beautiful snake!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000