The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 Snail advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 16/06/2012 : 16:14:25
They are both growing well, and eat a handful of salad every day, but today I noticed they both have discolouration on their shells. It may have been awhile, but I just noticed.
Is this something to worry about?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 16/06/2012 : 17:48:25
Aye that's it Bats, except the newer shell is dark..they have just had a majpr growth spurt, so maybe that's the reason.

Cheers :)
Steve just came through the door with 'The Furb' and wowee he looks huge after handling Henry earlier lol
n/a Posted - 16/06/2012 : 17:34:52
Do you mean like this?

http://www.applesnail.net/content/faq.php#15

Again applesnails but seems to be relevant.

Interesting that algae wafers are recommended; my lot love them and I've never seen any pitting in their shells but perhaps they're too young. I see your two have cuttlefish to provide calcium but maybe just something that happens as the shell ages; not a problem according to info on that link anyway.
JanieW Posted - 16/06/2012 : 17:02:39
I don't think so Bats, its not a coating but rather the entire section of shell. Their shells are quite dry until I spray them every day.

Thanks for replying tho :)
n/a Posted - 16/06/2012 : 16:59:55
Just looks like a bit of algae to me - I know my apples are different with being aquatic but I just scrub 'em up or they clean each other. Think it's just a bit of algae/mould due to damp conditions they need.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000