The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 grass snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 10:37:05
first time ive seen any uk snakes. caught this little grass snake up my local woods this morning he/she was about 2-2 1/2ft at a guess an also in shed and yes it did musk me, got some nice pics an let him/her go

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 28/06/2012 : 11:36:03
i didnt find anything today but when i was heading back some bloke had caught the same snake i did in the same spot and he also showed me an area of the wood where he has seen lots of grass snakes an a few adders so will check there next time
BlueDragon Posted - 28/06/2012 : 08:53:42
I live next door to miles and miles and miles of countryside and the only wild Reptile I've ever seen was a very dead, very chewed up (by some sort of machine) Slow Worm : (

I do often catch Frogs and Toads though (just to admire and put back again), and I love them : )

Very nice Snakey though. I do really like their patterns.
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 20:02:38
yes thats a shame could have got some great pics, should be off up the wood again tomorrow to see what else i can find
blackskull Posted - 27/06/2012 : 19:21:45
the adders i saw were sat on top of a pile of grass cuttings soaking up the sun, it was a female with a few young still around her. was gutted i didn't have a camera with me
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 19:12:30
thanks an adder is next on the list to find. would love to see a smooth snake aswell not sure if theres many round my area(wiltshire) as think theres more further south
blackskull Posted - 27/06/2012 : 19:05:03
nice pics, ive been lucky enough to see grass snakes and adders but not smooth snakes
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 18:18:08
you can buy CB grass snakes but not sure how easy they are to come by
Unamed Posted - 27/06/2012 : 18:09:32
It's better to return the. To the wild. They are too hard to breed in captivity.
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 17:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by Pythonwizard

If you wanted could you keep it

Nice find

ive been reading up about keeping grass snakes and its 50/50 with what ive read as to weather you can take them from the wild an keep them as pets.
i know you cant sell or trade them but can breed an sell this offspring if you can prove their CB.
not that im planning on catching an keeping one im just interested
Pythonwizard Posted - 27/06/2012 : 16:59:58
If you wanted could you keep it

Nice find
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 16:23:10
will have a look for some next time im up the woods
Unamed Posted - 27/06/2012 : 12:33:07
When its warm quickly over turn some rocks ull be sure to find one eventually. You got to be quiet and quick for slow worms they can dissapear quite fast
chrisc Posted - 27/06/2012 : 12:10:11
only seen one live slow worm an that was years ago, made my day finding this fella
Unamed Posted - 27/06/2012 : 12:03:55
nice looking snake, good find. ive only ever caught slow worms and frogs/toads.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000