The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 dwarf red tailed boa prices

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Unamed Posted - 22/07/2012 : 12:40:14
saw one in a shop for £255 or 2 for £400

is this good or bad pricing? it sounded like alot to me but im not so sure now.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 22/07/2012 : 23:38:35
Yeah can get afew other very nice dwarfs m8.Just buy from a well known shop/breeder.That don't try to sell you a 12ft cheaper boa for £400,and tell you its a dwarf to boot.
Unamed Posted - 22/07/2012 : 23:29:50
That's another concern. I have a 2 year old boy who is dead curious of my herps. Which I'm over the moon about but not when he gets to 5 yrs ol and starts opening the viv of my 6-10ft snake. That's partly why I'm sticking to my royal for now and thinking of getting a milk.

Do really want a boa though so deff not ruling it out. Just got to be sensible and lock up etc.
Lotabob Posted - 22/07/2012 : 15:15:52
Boas are very rewarding animals to own, the way they look at you and watch whats going on you can see them working things out, all intelligence goes out the window around food though.

I have a Hogg Island Boa, they are the bigger dwarf so to speak, my girl is nearly 5 foot, the proper dwarfs would be the cays they are only a few feet long.

The key is knowing what you want and being sure that what you are getting is right as they are very strong animals and over 6 foot it is likely you will need a second pair of hands to handle, specially if things dont go quite to plan. (resists urge to put Kelf bite pic here). Sanke is less than 5 foot long and if she gets a hold of you you dont get her off until she lets go.
Unamed Posted - 22/07/2012 : 13:45:05
nice looking snake.

still, im not going to buy something im not that im not 100% sure on what it even is and it grows to like 10 ft. that would be rather silly of me.
chrisc Posted - 22/07/2012 : 13:37:08
you can get other dwarf boas that only get to around 5 or 6ft
crawl cays, calker cays and i think hog island boas are also dwarf boas
heres my crawl cay shes a year old an around 2 1/2ft

Kelfezond Posted - 22/07/2012 : 13:35:25
There is a nice hog island boa in my local reptile store for £175 I think. :)
Unamed Posted - 22/07/2012 : 13:31:31
yes good points. it was more a general query than anything.

i would love a red tail but could not accomdate one.

so im sticking with my royal and will get a pueblan at some point instead lol.
Lotabob Posted - 22/07/2012 : 13:00:48
Dwarf red tails dont exist. Red tails are a pure breed/locale form of Boa, if its dwarf its been bred to something else which makes it something else not a red tail. so yes very overpriced for a snake that doesn't exist lol.

I would find out exactly what it is they have, where it came from, parents etc as red tails are a big Boa, if you dont want a big Boa then I would avoid an unknown Boa.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000