The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Soaking.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 26/07/2012 : 13:20:35
One of our snake's has started curling up in his water bowl, which is unusual for him.

Other than mites what other reasons would he be doing it for? My first thought was how hot it's been lately, the flat we live in gets ridiculously hot so maybe he's cooling down?

If it was mites how quick would they spread to the other snakes? It's only the one that's soaking and he's been doing it for about 4 days now.

What other signs would suggest mites? He's a corn snake by the way.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 26/07/2012 : 14:53:35
We been having some nice weather to,So like you say might be alittle hot for him.
austin_89 Posted - 26/07/2012 : 14:31:06
Fingers crossed it is just heat then.
Baobab Posted - 26/07/2012 : 14:15:26
Our Taiwanese started doing the same after we put a bigger heater in his viv. He'd soak himself continualy, be trying to force his way out through the glass and was an agressive little b****r when you put your hand in to get him. Turned down his heating to about 28.5 in the cool end and he became his old happy self again.
austin_89 Posted - 26/07/2012 : 13:32:34
That's what we're thinking. He's constantly trying to get out of his viv aswell.

I'm gonna put him in some water later and see if he leaves anything behind. Would they have spread by now? Seeing as the past week he's had to go back in with the female? (we only just found out they're different sex so separated them but had to put them together again as the heat mat broke)
Lotabob Posted - 26/07/2012 : 13:25:39
lack of humidity can cause it but shouldn't be an issue, after all that rain humidity is high.

It may just be a bit warm, my Boa will soak if she is warm.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000