The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 grace isn't a pure sonoran

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 28/07/2012 : 00:21:33
just found out after speaking to someone who bought a male from the same clutch as grace that she isn't a pure sonoran. mother is sonoran father is a columbian x CA.

still i wouldn't change her
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blackskull Posted - 29/07/2012 : 09:47:01
yeah thats the chap
chrisc Posted - 29/07/2012 : 09:27:04
would that be warren booth? was reading something about sonoran's on RFUK the other day and he was saying the pure sonoran's can be traced back to his original breedings
blackskull Posted - 29/07/2012 : 08:30:47
to be fair to the seller i got grace from both the male and female looked the same.

the other person who bought a male sent pictures of the parents to the chap who first breed them in the uk, and from what i have read the majority of sonorans in the uk can be traced back to him. he did inform the seller that his male wasn't a sonoran.

chrisc Posted - 28/07/2012 : 20:12:09
my crawl cay was bred by gazboas, he breeds some very nice boas
badwool Posted - 28/07/2012 : 19:23:38
i'm going to get my hog from http://gazboas.co.uk/ when I get one.
Lotabob Posted - 28/07/2012 : 18:55:13
I did think its markings looked very Anaconda-ish

I think its very difficult to find 100% pure blood lines without someone somewhere breeding it to something else and then proving it to be the genuine unaltered article is even harder. I tried very hard to get a pure Hogg Island Boa now the I only really have the guy who sourced her for me's word that she is pure but she has reduced patterning so its possible she may have a little bit of something else in there to achieve it. I'll never know either way for sure but to be she is just a beautiful Hogg
blackskull Posted - 28/07/2012 : 11:42:21
yeah she may stay small

i have ask the other person if the sell was informed that his male is not a sonoran
chrisc Posted - 28/07/2012 : 11:38:16
maybe not that big if shes got sonoran in her.
if people cross breed they should lable them as cross's but unfrtunatly some dont
blackskull Posted - 28/07/2012 : 09:50:40
yeah its just a waiting game on adult size

i asked the person if they had a rough idea of adult size but the chap who confirmed there not pure couldn't say

just a shame people feel the need to X breed them
chrisc Posted - 28/07/2012 : 06:10:08
bit of a shame when you find stuff lie this out but like you say you still wont change them.
she may get a bit bigger than you expected now

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000