The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 new scorpions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 17/08/2012 : 18:41:22
picked up these 2 socrpions from a friend this afternoon thought it was 2 red claws but one is an emperor.
the tanzanian red claw

not the most friendly scorpion

and the emperor, i couldnt work out what it was as didnt realise they can look very green in natural light

and a couple of new ones of keith the banded flat rock

the friend i got them from showed me their 2 adult emperors, i didnt realise how big these acctually get they were easily the size of my palm
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 20/08/2012 : 12:09:25
i was very temped to let him walk onto my hand but hes quite jumpy so put the lid back on
BlueDragon Posted - 20/08/2012 : 09:55:48
Aww, he wants a cuddle ; )
chrisc Posted - 19/08/2012 : 18:24:51
just been tidying up the new scorpions rubs
the red claw

and the emperor

making a bid for freedom
reptilemadd Posted - 18/08/2012 : 13:16:59
Whenever I see one I always think of old films like journey to the center of the earth, or jason and the argonouts lol
chrisc Posted - 18/08/2012 : 11:37:04
yea they are as reptile mad says ugly but nice i love them, very easy to keep aswell
BlueDragon Posted - 18/08/2012 : 09:38:43
They're properly prehistoric, aren't they? I like things like that.
chrisc Posted - 18/08/2012 : 00:25:18
i will be searching ebay for a black light soon also i may have made a deal with a friend tonite to buy a featherleg baboon tarantula!!
reptilemadd Posted - 18/08/2012 : 00:20:07
Very nice and ugly at the same time if I ever got the emperor I'd have to get a black light lol, I know most if not all scorpions glow under the light but would only get one if I had an emperor just cause of there size.
Tawfik47 Posted - 17/08/2012 : 20:44:05
wohoooow great pics, i love scorpions but don't dare to keep one haha
Lotabob Posted - 17/08/2012 : 20:43:21
OBT's have a horrible reputation, I have not really found this to be the case, they are fast, that is true but they run away and go into their burrow, they are just easily frightened in my opinion, my Salmon pink is the scary one, its bold as brass, not phased by my presence and aggressive as hell, I actually hold her back with a straw while I clean out the tub with tongs as she is straight over to see what's going on and quite often will attack the straw, got to keep a strong nerve around that one. lol. The OBT just legs it and hides in its burrow or in a corner if its the burrow been cleaned. Long story short, get a OBT.
blackskull Posted - 17/08/2012 : 19:46:04
gorgeous, the better half still wont let me have one
chrisc Posted - 17/08/2012 : 19:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I think you have correctly identified your unknown as a emperor, the smoothish pincer inners made me think Asian Forest but the green hue is an emperor trait and well it looks emperorish lol.

Nice looking arachnotanks, I do like a Scorpion or two. Have you had any of yours moult yet, they suddenly double in size overnight, very unnerving, you wonder if its still the same temperament.

i did look up asian forest scorpions but the ones i found had very thin claws compared to this one. had no idea they had a green hue till i got reaserching.
not had any of them moult yet i got these 2 today and the flat rock just sits under his rock all day/night.
scorpions really fascinate me, im getting tempted to get a baboon tarantula at some point possibly a feather leg baboon
Lotabob Posted - 17/08/2012 : 19:13:23
I think you have correctly identified your unknown as a emperor, the smoothish pincer inners made me think Asian Forest but the green hue is an emperor trait and well it looks emperorish lol.

Nice looking arachnotanks, I do like a Scorpion or two. Have you had any of yours moult yet, they suddenly double in size overnight, very unnerving, you wonder if its still the same temperament.
chrisc Posted - 17/08/2012 : 19:10:45
haha you could cuddle them if you really wanted, still need to handle one of them
Baobab Posted - 17/08/2012 : 18:59:36
Mmmmmmm cuddly.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000