The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 sad day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blackskull Posted - 02/09/2012 : 09:50:49
last night we had to have norma put to sleep

we had her for just over a year and when we took her on she was in a bad way, parasites, under weight and not eating. after a few weeks and treatment she slowly began to improve and started eating on her own and brightened up. bloods were tested regularly and all seemed ok, her last bloods were tested 3 months ago and levels were fine.

last weekend she laid 4 eggs and early in the week the gf had her x-rayed to see if there was any left and there was still one inside, she was given the injection to help her pass it but to no joy. she just didn't seen herself over the past few days so bloods were taken again and they showed she was in a bad way, renal failure. the options were discussed with the vet for treatment, as she still had an egg she couldn't be put under to try and solve the problem (technical terms that the gf said but i don't understand them) so she would have to be stabilised first, then egg removed then treatment for renal failure, but there was no guarantee that the treatment would work.

due to her history we didn't think it was fair to put her through this and put more strain and stress on her so we (and the vet) thought the best thing to do would be to put her to sleep. i must admit i didn't think i would get that attached to her as she was the gf pet but i did and im not ashamed to admit there was a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when she was put to sleep

rip norma
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 03/09/2012 : 09:08:03
I'm sorry about Norma. What a shame. But she did so well for the time she was here, and she was happy in the end and that's the main thing.

And of course you have each other to miss her with.
austin_89 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 06:15:09
So sorry to hear this :(
Evolution Morphs Posted - 02/09/2012 : 13:29:24
gutted for you and your gf mate
:(
Baobab Posted - 02/09/2012 : 13:07:48
Sorry to hear your bad news blackskull. They get into your heart like any pet does, and its always an emotional time when these decisions have to be made. rip Norma.
blackskull Posted - 02/09/2012 : 13:02:45
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

Sorry to hear this blackskull, it's always hard to know what's the best thing to do in these kind of situations but at least she's no longer suffering RIP Norma.

thanks, the gf struggled for a while to make the decision but she knew it was the right thing to do. im glad she has a sponsored walk today, so hoping she doesn't dwell on it too much
reptilemadd Posted - 02/09/2012 : 12:52:47
Sorry to hear this blackskull, it's always hard to know what's the best thing to do in these kind of situations but at least she's no longer suffering RIP Norma.
blackskull Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:51:55
thanks for your kind words
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:47:57
very sorry to hear this at least she was loved an cared for in the time you had her.
i felt the same when my sick beardie had to be put to sleep
RIP little one
Meadow Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:45:36
Oh how very sad, I'm sorry for your loss.

Sleep tight, Norma x
Danno91 Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:43:53
Sorry to here this
LittlestarRed Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:34:47
That's awful! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Well done for taking her in and giving her the care she deserved. You did all you could for her and gave her an extra year she would not have had without your help.

RIP Norma.:(
blackskull Posted - 02/09/2012 : 10:18:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Terrible news I'm sorry to hear this

thanks kelf
Kelfezond Posted - 02/09/2012 : 10:03:41
Terrible news I'm sorry to hear this

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000