The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 GALS in their new home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 09:49:31
So with all these babies it was time for a bigger home. Fortunatly it was also time for my mam's Toads to get thier adult home too. So they now have a fancy glass terarium, and my GALS have got their old home.

I did it up a bit before they went in. Don't go looking for one of these tanks with a green island 'cause I did that myself. Sprayed the underside of it with green plasti-kote. I think it looks better that just clear plastic. Then just filled with their usual plantaion soil, plastic plant pot and water dish and there we are.

The background was made by printing out some of my saved background papers of various leaves. I cut out different bits and stuck them together to make a sort of undergrowth kinda thing...hopfully. They're actually printed off wallpaper samples!
Shh, don't tell though ; )

Anyways, here they are...

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:53:42
Can't wait :)
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:52:36
X )

I'll let you know when they're on thier way to you.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:47:19
Aww cute ^^
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:46:26
They should be fine. I'll pad them up nice in a little bubblewrap blankie : 3
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:35:42
Nah today was the only really cold day so far, guess if it's only getting colder sooner is better than later.
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:34:29
I think it's only going to get colder now, what d'you recon? Seems to have switched quick enough.

If it's cold for them they'll just go to sleep. It won't do them any harm unless it's freezing temps. But I'll pad them up to keep them from the cold.

We haven't had any freezing nights here, how about you?
If your having freezing nights then I will leave it till it's better.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:28:30
Sounds good mate, might want to wait 'till the weather gets a bit warmer though but you're the expert :)
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:26:33
Well, if your sure then.

I'll post them tomorrow If I can, Tuesday at the latest. I'll pick ones out that are still awake : )

I'll also give them a bath for you so they won't need another one for at least a month.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:18:51
Sounds good, I'm happy to pay the extra on postage just for your knowledge :)
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:18:21
Well, if you want to know anything else then I can let you know : )

I've learnt a lot just by keeping them. There were things I didn't know either and times I though they were dead when they weren't.

But I've had them for a few years now, so I should be pretty good at knowing what they're up to.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:05:52
Ah I didn't know any of this stuff, care guides suck!
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 12:04:45
Ah, right. Well mine usually do it when the weather starts to get cold. They must sense it even in the house. Hydie is still awake, but the babies must be feeling the cold more than her.
Usually mine will go to sleep about the end of November and wake up end of March. Something like that.

A bath will sometimes wake them up 'cause it's like rain to them. They'll wake up to have a drink before sometimes drifting back off again.

Just incase you don't know, you shouldn't feed them once they're properly ready for sleep time. The food will rot in their guts and kill them. But right now the babies are still waking up to feed every couple of days, so I know they're not slowing down yet.
Mind you, they usually stop eating by themelves anyway. They're not daft.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:44:22
Ah didn't know that, yeah mine have done it a few times but normally when I've forgotten to spray their tank so normally a spray will get them back up and about. I've not had mine a long time so not experienced all this yet
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:43:11
Don't your GALS go into brumation?

When they go into brumation they put a sort of cover over their shell opening to stop themselves from drying out while they sleep. It can look a bit scary if you don't know what it is, but it doesn't mean they're dead!
Sometimes a warm bath will wake them back up temporerely, otherwise you just wait untill they wake up naturally in a few months.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:38:37
"Cap their shells" ?
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:22:46
Well, some of them have started to cap their shells, would that be a problem for you? It shouldn't bother them, and a warm bath might wake them up enough to have something to drink.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:10:39
They don't have anymore in stock at my local :)
BlueDragon Posted - 23/09/2012 : 11:08:43
Are you sure? I feel guilty for charging you the postage when you can get them nearer to you. Wouldn't you rather do that?

Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2012 : 10:41:56
Looks great, Also Blue if you're still interested prep' three awesome little ones for me I'll send the cash over tonight when I finish work :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000