The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Confused.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 01/10/2012 : 13:45:49
Hello folks, I need something clearing up. Apologies in advance as I'm guessing this question has been asked many times before, but what is the difference between a bcc and a bci? And do they both come under common boa? If anybody has both a bcc and a bci could you put pictures up so I can see the difference? Thanks in advance :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 01/10/2012 : 17:22:33
yea i think some breeders have paperwork that traces the bloodlines back to the original WC snakes, i really want a nice BCC but unfortunatly dont have £300+ to spend
JanieW Posted - 01/10/2012 : 16:28:47
I asked Andrew about true Red Tails, he said they aren't often available and must come with a certificate to prove its a genuine red.
chrisc Posted - 01/10/2012 : 16:23:31
some have very red tails so people/shops try to pass them off as red tails.
to confuse you a bit more theres also BCA, BCO and others i cant think of at the moment
ajokocha Posted - 01/10/2012 : 15:38:42
Ah that helped a lot. Thanks fellas, I have a bci then lol. However his tail still looks red to me lol.
Baobab Posted - 01/10/2012 : 15:00:27
The BCC or boa constrictor constrictor is generally called the red tailed boa, and the BCI or Boa Constrictor Imperator is generally called the common boa. I believe the saddles on the bcc are usually {} shaped and the BCI is more () shaped, although this is not always the case. Some BCI also sometimes get referred to as red tails as well and are sold a such, just to confuse matters. However the true red tail or bcc will significantly out grow the BCI.
This is my take on it, someone with more knowledge on the subject may have to correct me.
chrisc Posted - 01/10/2012 : 14:59:01
you can tell the difference by the shape of the saddle markings, have a read through this
http://www.herpcenter.com/common-red-tail-boa/38086-boa-constrictor-constrictor-boa-constrictor-imperator-differences.html

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000