The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Angry boa!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 04/10/2012 : 20:23:28
My female dwarf boa Maggie was in blue the past couple of days along with a couple of my other snakes i have bathed my pythons yesterday to help them along and today i went to get Maggie out to bathe her but when i removed her hide and picked her up i noticed her eyes had cleared then i was met with loud breathing followed by an attemp to strike my face so quickly put her back in rub then i heard and saw my first hissing angry snake(will post video soon) lol
so are boas better and shedding than pythons and won't need bathed and are they normally grumpy at this stage, she has been fine the past two nights when she was blue
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 06/10/2012 : 18:19:34
There is no need to bathe snakes unless they are having a bad shed.

When a snake sheds it creates its own secretions that causes the old skin to separate from the new skin. You raise humidity to keep the old skin hydrated so it doesn't absorb the secretions preventing it doing its job in separating the skin. Bathing may help a little bit but between baths it will be drying out, the best way is to have humidity up to a suitable level to keep the skin constantly hydrated so the secretions do their job.

If a snake is hissing at you and in blue then the best thing to do is leave it alone, shedding can be stressful for them so its probably best to keep it to essential handling only during this time unless you know it doesn't bother them being handled during this time.
Laws Posted - 05/10/2012 : 12:25:16
i found the first shed around winter time when the heating has been on alot can cause a slightly bad shed , but generally they do well with shedding
Baobab Posted - 05/10/2012 : 11:08:22
She doesn't look very happy there.
Feanor sometimes gives a bit of a hiss when in blue and Eowyn has only had one shed since getting her and she was happy enough coming out when blue. We never bathe them when shedding, only mist twice a day and so far no shedding issues.
chrisc Posted - 05/10/2012 : 07:19:40
got to love angry little boas my male common is like that when blue but the others are fine.
ive not had any major problems with mine shedding just spray the rub a couple of times a day an he should shed fine
carlb1981 Posted - 04/10/2012 : 21:39:29
Don't think that link worked so here is YouTube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEX0e-6-FT8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
carlb1981 Posted - 04/10/2012 : 20:48:39
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/carlb1981/20121004_200643.mp4

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000