The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 asian forest scorpion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 28/10/2012 : 20:47:24
picked this one up this afternoon not checked the sex yet.

and heres a short video of it wandering around then trying to make a run for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-VW0c-vv0
have decided im going to get a load of scorpions and get a little breeding program together
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 09/11/2012 : 18:30:52
one of the scorplings munching a wax worm
badwool Posted - 04/11/2012 : 23:01:31
Good heads up bob
chrisc Posted - 04/11/2012 : 22:08:35
they have all now been changed back to water, cheers for pointing out that bug gel isnt any good for them
chrisc Posted - 04/11/2012 : 10:34:19
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

There is a load of stuff on the tinterweb about using bug gel with arachnids. Its pretty much agreed by most that it doesn't work with animals without mouths, they can only ingest stuff in liquid form as they have to suck it up. There is also talk of the gel substance itself been bad for a basically all liquid inside animal. I actually don't bother providing water bowls for them when they are feeding, they just don't need it, only the non feeding ones have very small shallow water bowls (basically the Chilean).

ah right didnt know that will have a read up about it, cheers
Lotabob Posted - 04/11/2012 : 02:05:05
There is a load of stuff on the tinterweb about using bug gel with arachnids. Its pretty much agreed by most that it doesn't work with animals without mouths, they can only ingest stuff in liquid form as they have to suck it up. There is also talk of the gel substance itself been bad for a basically all liquid inside animal. I actually don't bother providing water bowls for them when they are feeding, they just don't need it, only the non feeding ones have very small shallow water bowls (basically the Chilean).
chrisc Posted - 02/11/2012 : 18:52:06
bug towers is now finished
stat/wires all tidy

big heatmat fitted

and a plastic door fitted to keep the heat in
chrisc Posted - 02/11/2012 : 11:52:55
quote:
Originally posted by curiouslyfacinated

WOW scorpions!!
I have no interest in getting one at all!! but i have a question if you dont mind.
Do you handle them? If so, how likely are they to sting you? If they sting what does that feel like? i have heard that the bigger the claws the less vicious the sting. Is this a myth or true?? If you cant handle them what do you get from owning them??
ok one question turned into the spanish inquisition!! lol

the only one ive handled is the flat rock as they are very unlikley to sting and if they did its either like a pin ***** or stinging nettles

the others i probably wont handle as most of them fairly aggressive but tend to pinch first before stinging, the asian forest's and the red claws sting is apparently like a bad bee sting from what ive read.
yes the bigger the claws then the less potent their venom is but there could be exceptions to this.
i find them completely fascinating to own, watch an look after ect and am hoping to get some of them to breed.
ive also got 5 tarantulas and only handle the chilean rose as shes nice and calm the pink salmon birdeater is not friendly and flick hairs if i open the rub and the other 3 have very nasty bites so are just display animals
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 02/11/2012 : 10:57:09
WOW scorpions!!
I have no interest in getting one at all!! but i have a question if you dont mind.
Do you handle them? If so, how likely are they to sting you? If they sting what does that feel like? i have heard that the bigger the claws the less vicious the sting. Is this a myth or true?? If you cant handle them what do you get from owning them??
ok one question turned into the spanish inquisition!! lol
chrisc Posted - 31/10/2012 : 14:28:38
haha yet more new scorpions, ordered these online yesterday an they turned up about 10.30 both male by the looks of it
adult giant asian forest

adult red claw

bug towers is nearly finished got the heatmat an stat hooked up just need to go an buy some perspex to cover the front.
no more for a while as have spent around £150 on scorpions an equipment since yesterday but have a couple of pairs now so fingers crossed i can get them to breed.
will post another pic of bug towers when its complete
chrisc Posted - 31/10/2012 : 06:00:52
their awesome even the babies have a bit of attitude an were attacking the spoon i used to move them, i like my T's but do prefer the scorpions
badwool Posted - 30/10/2012 : 23:31:44
I just love their tenacity. Take a scorp over a t anyday
chrisc Posted - 30/10/2012 : 21:04:53
some more asian forest scorpions i picked up this afternoon, 4 scorplings and their mum

the scorplings

all setup in their own tubs

an mum

bug towers is going to be pretty much full tomorrow as have 2 more adult scorpions being delivered 1 red claw and another asian forest

have spent about £80 on scorpions so far today
chrisc Posted - 30/10/2012 : 09:00:15
quote:
Originally posted by Danno91

Cool I might look into it a bit more

i would say an emperor or a flat rock would be a good first as most of them are calm an docile as the red claws an forests can be a bit more agressive
Danno91 Posted - 30/10/2012 : 08:54:41
Cool I might look into it a bit more
chrisc Posted - 30/10/2012 : 07:15:32
just ordered another adult red claw and an adult asian forest scorpion plus should be buying a couple of babies an possible an adult female this afternoon
also got a big heatmat an thermostat to go in the back of the unit
chrisc Posted - 29/10/2012 : 20:09:40
quote:
Originally posted by Danno91

Are they hard to care for I think I may want one or two

most scorpions are fairly easy to look after with emperors, red claws and asian forest scorpions keep them in a rub with more floor space than hight a good couple of inch's of damp substrate(i use coco fiber)spray a couple of times a week to keep the humidity up and feed a couple of crickets every few days.
temps wise 24-29c if i remember right so if your room is warm then no need for a heat source, they need fresh water every few days but ive just started using bug gel so lasts longer that a bowl of water.
the flat rock scorpion i have is similar care but the substrate needs to be dry with plenty of stacked up flat rocks for it to hide between an just overflow the water bowl now and then
i have just moved all my inverts into this and will be fitting a heatmat to the back soon as it gets a bit cooler in my room overnight now im living somwhere else
badwool Posted - 29/10/2012 : 19:02:05
They have HUGE attitude - if mine is out when feeding and spraying it usually makes a bee line for me!
Danno91 Posted - 29/10/2012 : 18:44:41
Are they hard to care for I think I may want one or two
boomslang Posted - 29/10/2012 : 03:04:38
Looks badass lol
rockroyal Posted - 29/10/2012 : 02:45:45
I have a male and female living together lovely scorps. I would say your one is adult size now

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000