The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Pilkington's trip to Wrigglies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 29/11/2012 : 22:23:49
Had a nice day today up Wrigglies in Dunstable!

Idea was to bring my super aggressive boa along to get some tips in handling, not a single bite, strike or hiss all day, needless to say it went well and I learnt quite a bit about handling aggressive snakes!

Also after having already learned to how hook and tail various venomous snakes I got the chance to try pinning one, successfully pinned an egyptian cobra! :D

Also learnt how to probe, which will be veeery useful!

Totally great day!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonnyc1988 Posted - 01/12/2012 : 08:42:57
I live at the wrong side of the country... That place sounds awesome! loved your pics form the venomous handling you did there. Want to go sooo bad!!
Leucistic Posted - 30/11/2012 : 19:16:05
Pilky looks gorgeous.

Wrigglies is my local, great guys there
jbarlow91 Posted - 30/11/2012 : 17:14:28
He probably thinks your after his girlfriend when you go in the tank lol getting jealous
badwool Posted - 30/11/2012 : 14:27:53
pilky is such a looker
Kelfezond Posted - 30/11/2012 : 14:23:25
They said just to be patient with him and the bag seemed to help calm him, might be an idea to bag him first for 20 minutes or so first before I handle him in future until he chills out a bit.
boomslang Posted - 30/11/2012 : 12:54:47
So what did they say about Pilkington?Any idea's why he's mad at home?
And glad you had a nice day out
Kelfezond Posted - 30/11/2012 : 10:48:39
Aye had a great day!

Gave pilk' a poke today to see if he's changed his stripes - still hissing! lol. Typical, but I got a bunch more confidence now anyway
herriotfan Posted - 30/11/2012 : 10:27:47
Looks like you had an awesome day....lucky you!
jbarlow91 Posted - 30/11/2012 : 10:24:43
I can vouch for that lol
Baobab Posted - 30/11/2012 : 08:58:52
Of course Pilk behaved at Wrigglies. Kids always behave like little angels in front of strangers then revert to devils again once home.
richard v Posted - 30/11/2012 : 06:20:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Most of the day the place was empty but the evening had another training course of 5-6 people so I tagged along and had a quick play of the cobra before going home after the Pilkington handle!

I didn't notice anything new in there to be honest, the king cobra has gone as has one of the croc's. Although there is now a new cobra and a new nile croc :)

you still coming down on the 8th Richard?

Yes still coming down on the 8th if ok with you
chrisc Posted - 30/11/2012 : 05:41:07
nice one i bet your well happy after a proper handling session with pilkington and pinning the cobra looks awesome, i want to do one of these venemous course's at some point
Kelfezond Posted - 29/11/2012 : 23:19:09
quote:
Originally posted by Fezza

I can't believe that's the "Pilk" sat on your lap!

Amazing work Kelf

You and me both I placed the RUB on the counter all cautiously - julian just reached into the bag and pulled Pilk' out who was happy enough
Fezza Posted - 29/11/2012 : 23:09:40
I can't believe that's the "Pilk" sat on your lap!

Amazing work Kelf
Kelfezond Posted - 29/11/2012 : 23:00:58
Most of the day the place was empty but the evening had another training course of 5-6 people so I tagged along and had a quick play of the cobra before going home after the Pilkington handle!

I didn't notice anything new in there to be honest, the king cobra has gone as has one of the croc's. Although there is now a new cobra and a new nile croc :)

you still coming down on the 8th Richard?
richard v Posted - 29/11/2012 : 22:58:30
Wow looks liked you had a good day, you had the place to yourself as well by the looks of it.
Kelfezond Posted - 29/11/2012 : 22:55:06
Me and Pilk!

Me and Colin!

richard v Posted - 29/11/2012 : 22:40:01
I read earlier on you were on your way up there, glad you had a good time and pilkington behaved himself, I look forward to meeting him soon.
Did they have any new additions there?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000