The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Large Snake Handling videos!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 01/01/2013 : 20:49:17
I have been extremely patient lol but still no handling videos..aimed especally at Chris and Badwool..I want to see videos!!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 02/01/2013 : 17:21:54
i just use the hook for the tap training an for hooking the afrock's head out i dont use it with the big boa
Kelfezond Posted - 02/01/2013 : 14:49:17
quote:
Originally posted by Foremand

Would you recommend a snake hood with a 7 foot boa. Or what's the reason for using a hook.

I wouldn't be without my hook with Pilkington - he is 6ft and quite nasty, but it's absolutely useless at handling him all I can use it for is to move his head slightly, his body is too strong for the hook and too heavy so almost impossible to get him moving with it.
Baobab Posted - 02/01/2013 : 04:28:46
Quote "Would you recommend a snake hood with a 7 foot boa."

Is that like little red riding hoods or a teenagers hoody. If it's a girl she may like a pink one.
Foremand Posted - 01/01/2013 : 22:44:51
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to invest in one anyway. And try to train him with it. And old dog can learn new tricks so why not a snake lol. He's only 5 years old n just over 6 foot.
richard v Posted - 01/01/2013 : 22:42:08
quote:
Originally posted by Foremand

Would you recommend a snake hood with a 7 foot boa. Or what's the reason for using a hook.

Snake hooks can be quite useful if you have a snake who tries to strike you all the time, one of the main reason for them is to use them for tap training which is very handy for larger snakes eg boas or pythons, method Is reasonably simple but should really be started at a younger age, when opening the viv you tap/stroke the snake on the head everytime you get them out when you are not going to fed them, they should get use to this, in time will associate this tap with being handled rather than everytime you open the door them thinking they are going to be fed, which is not something you really don't want with a large boa or python.
Foremand Posted - 01/01/2013 : 22:14:03
JanieW Posted - 01/01/2013 : 21:26:40
I like all the Panda videos as well :)
JanieW Posted - 01/01/2013 : 21:25:54
Thanks Chris, I really enjoyed watching that clip. You must be thrilled with him, he seemed to relax once he got where he wanted to go..on your shoulder :)
Kelfezond Posted - 01/01/2013 : 21:13:24
Have done plenty on Pandora
chrisc Posted - 01/01/2013 : 21:00:25
only one ive got is this one from when i first handled him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqqyLFBFpg

will do another one once he's finished digesting an may do one of william once hes shed

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000