The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 New Kelfezond Video: Nigel Introduction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 04/01/2013 : 15:42:41
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZX34Cv_a90&feature=youtu.be
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 04/01/2013 : 19:29:10
here's the vent hole's in my setups, only do one ring of them as the RUB has the air gap anyway

most of my setup's are like this

crap pic as the flash wouldnt work on my phone but an a pic of the adult female with a 2p, most the heterometrus sp(asian, vietman, indian ect) forest scorpion's tend to be around this size when fully grown.

ive just started using a mix of sand, top soil and coco fiber it seems to hold the humidity quite well
rockroyal Posted - 04/01/2013 : 18:42:43
or you can mix some vermiculite into the substrate thats also fantastic for keeping up humidity
Kelfezond Posted - 04/01/2013 : 17:46:45
Sounds great cheers
chrisc Posted - 04/01/2013 : 17:18:13
a good way of keeping the humidity up is to put a layer of stone's/gravel under the substrate with a little tube to the top for pouring water in.
the water in the bottom keep's the humidity up, i will set mine up like this at some point.
i spray my adult's one or twice a week an the little ones's every couple of days.

with the vent's in one end you could end up with a bit stagnent air in the other end, will post a pic of one of my setup's in a bit
Kelfezond Posted - 04/01/2013 : 17:07:37
Cheers for the advice Chris I was worried about losing humidity but I'll add more ventilation
chrisc Posted - 04/01/2013 : 17:03:46
he's a cool little scorpion an definatly due a moult soon.
you may want a few more vent hole's in the other end of the lid or take the rubber seal bit off of the lid to give a bit more air flow.

i may have to buy myself some more scorpion's at the of the month
JanieW Posted - 04/01/2013 : 16:55:20
lol I wouldn't have one either Hayden, I would never want to handle one..no way, not a chance *grin*
kev 5 Posted - 04/01/2013 : 15:58:37
nice video, how big will he get?
HaydenK Posted - 04/01/2013 : 15:53:06
Nice video, although I hate both spiders and scorpions so I cannot see myself ever getting one lol.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000