The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Cornsnake - Help with lumps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayde Posted - 27/01/2013 : 22:33:00
After cleaning all of the snakes today, I noticed that my eldest corn had 2 lumps on the side of his body.
The are at a rough guess about 2 - 3 inches above his vent, in the last 1/4 of his body
Each lump is about the size if a medium marble.
When touched they do not seem to cause him any discomfort.
They do not feel hard, but are not overly squishy, they simply feel like the rest of his body.
Was last handled about 11 /12 days ago and lumps were not preset then.

So the basic info:
He is almost 4 years old
Weight on last weigh in 674g about 5 weeks ago when last cleaned (forgot to weigh today as I am more worried about what these lumps could be)
Feeds every 10 days
Sheds & excretes as he should. He normally eats like its going out of fashion but has misse his last 3 feeds, although 1 was due to being in shed.
4x18x18 viv - forest floor substrate, foliage, hides, branches are plentiful,
Temperatures are always stable, ceramic bulb & gaurd in thermostat,
Never had any problems with mites or forms of parasites
No behaviour change, and was more than happy to come out for handling today.

Obviously the first thing I will be doing tomorrow morning is phoning the vets and getting him seen a soon as possible, but I figured it can't hurt to ask you guys too as I know many other members of the forum have corns and may have experienced this before.
I've never seen or had experience with this before, not even in my breeding pair as a child so really am abit stumped as to what they may be and trying to stop your head from thinking the worst can be hard.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 28/01/2013 : 17:01:08
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

look's like fatty deposit's to me, spread the feed days out a bit more an load's of exercise will help, getting them to climb the stair's is good for this.

the vet will be able to confirm this or not

Could be,But then they don't really just appear over night.Goodluck at the vets and wed isn't to far off :)
Jayde Posted - 28/01/2013 : 11:41:16
Thanks for the replies.
The vets my dog is registered under doesn't have a qualified exotics vet, but they automatically forwarded me onto the only vets company in the town who have a registered exotics vet under them. Otherwise it would have meant going to the other end of the county. Only downside is that the nearest appointment they ha was Wednesday afternoon.
chrisc Posted - 28/01/2013 : 05:25:30
look's like fatty deposit's to me, spread the feed days out a bit more an load's of exercise will help, getting them to climb the stair's is good for this.

the vet will be able to confirm this or not
boomslang Posted - 28/01/2013 : 01:00:48
The list is alittle large of what it could be,As it's close to the vent so to speak.

Only way to know for sure,is book him in the vets later :) and see what they say.Take it the vets near you does reps to?

And keep us updated :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000