The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 new scorpion's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 01/02/2013 : 19:17:52
a friend is downsizing to i bought his scorpion collection last night, will be selling a few of them but thought id share some pic's of the one's im keeping.
i really love this one, adult male emperor

he is really calm an docile

female flat rock

crap pic but an asian forest(h.longimanus)

this one he didn't know what it was apart from its from turkey but im 99% sure it is a Iurus dufoureius asiaticus

also got 4 juvie emperor's which im keeping the 2 female's, will take some pic's of them over the weekend
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 04/02/2013 : 07:18:07
Replied
rockroyal Posted - 04/02/2013 : 07:02:36
chrisc you have mail buddy
chrisc Posted - 04/02/2013 : 04:30:36
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Is it a trick of the light with the camera or do the Flat Rock's have green stripes on their backs?
Do they attack often or or there some docile species?
Sorry, far too many questions, but hey, life is for learning!

the one's i have are banded flat rock's(Hadogenes paucidens) so they have the yellow stripe's on their back's
they are very docile as rockroyal say's and are very unlikely to sting if they did it would feel like a pinp***k or stinging nettle's as they have a very weak venom.

the one's i still have for sale are 1 adult female asian forest(h.spinifer), 1 young h.spinifer and 1 young banded flat rock.
a mate is having one of the flat rock's this evening but one is due to moult soon so if he doesnt buy that one i wont post untill its moulted due to the risk of if getting hurt if it moulted while in the post.
drop me an email an we can sort out postage ect, challice-54@hotmail.co.uk or add me on fb the link should be on my sig
rockroyal Posted - 03/02/2013 : 06:08:47
cheers chrisc
rockroyal Posted - 03/02/2013 : 05:43:24
flat rock scorps are very docile sp
and are a great choice for the beginner. Whats interesting about this sp is you can sex them by the size of the segments in the tail .
herriotfan Posted - 02/02/2013 : 22:07:49
Is it a trick of the light with the camera or do the Flat Rock's have green stripes on their backs?
Do they attack often or or there some docile species?
Sorry, far too many questions, but hey, life is for learning!
chrisc Posted - 02/02/2013 : 21:48:51
No problem herriotfan.
Will post a list of whats still for sale tomorrow rockroyal
herriotfan Posted - 02/02/2013 : 21:20:26
All sounds very interesting.
Wow, what a long gestation period.....wouldn't have expected that!
Thanks for answering all my questions.
rockroyal Posted - 02/02/2013 : 15:23:32
what you selling buddy????????? i`ve just set up my scorpion cabinet. bulk deals would be good if you good at packing aand a heat pack lol
chrisc Posted - 02/02/2013 : 15:18:40
yea it is Baobab his stinger(telson) is huge will try an get a pic of it.

some are fairly easy to breed but other's like the red claw's are quite difficult as the female's tend to kill the male if they dont see him as a suitable mate.
i plan to breed a few of them i have 2.2 emperor's but the female's have a lot of growing to do, have a pair of flat rock's that might me mature after their next moult's.
i need to get a male h.spinifer(asian foret), a male red claw and i need to sex and find a mate for the h.longimanus(asian forest).
this will give me a few breeding pair's to start off only problem is the gestation period with most of them is 9-12 month's.

after having a couple of tarantul's i wanted a scorpion so just had to persuade my mum to let me have one in the house an its just got from there.
boomslang Posted - 02/02/2013 : 15:16:47
Do they attack you lots? hehehe
herriotfan Posted - 02/02/2013 : 11:59:49
Are they easy to breed? Will you breed just one sort or a variety? Not sure if I'd want one for myself but they do interest me. How did you get 'into' scorpions?
Baobab Posted - 02/02/2013 : 10:31:28
Even considering the missing finger, that's a big scorpion. Just as well he's docile.
Good Piccies.
kev 5 Posted - 02/02/2013 : 08:54:38
not really my thing, they do look cool though
boomslang Posted - 02/02/2013 : 01:08:37
Very cool
chrisc Posted - 01/02/2013 : 23:22:53
cheer's, yes 16 scorpion's an 9 tarantula's but a few of the scoprion's are for sale and ive also decided to sell most of the tarantula's so i can concentrate on the scorpion's i want to keep/breed
jbarlow91 Posted - 01/02/2013 : 23:19:59
Cool new additions. You got quite a few now then mate lol
chrisc Posted - 01/02/2013 : 22:50:20
yea he is a big lad they dont bother me much compared to the tarantula's, he may look a bit bigger in the pic's as that's on the hand with a finger missing.
that asian forest is really agressive compared to my other one's
richard v Posted - 01/02/2013 : 22:38:23
Blimey chris, they look a little scary to me, I never knew they got that big. The forest one reminds me of the horrible spider things that live in caves in the dark.
chrisc Posted - 01/02/2013 : 21:13:46
here's the 2 female emperor's

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000