The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 The new addition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Foremand Posted - 02/02/2013 : 20:04:32
Why did I let my partner convince me to purchase my new addiction. But hey here is the little fella (until we no lol)

Yes a 9 week old bearded dragon. Only went to look and then I open my eyes to realise I've brought him lol he's loving the large space he has. Won't last long
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Foremand Posted - 19/03/2013 : 23:28:40

Nice clean shed :) getting big boy now
chrisc Posted - 05/03/2013 : 06:55:46
Looking good an hes growing well.
Using that type of sand is up to you but they need to be 6+ months old before you use any loose substrate unless you feed him out of the viv, at that size hes digestive track will be less than an inch long so would not take much to get blocked up.
Upturned tiles fitted on the floor works well with beardies an looks good
Foremand Posted - 04/03/2013 : 21:08:42
A few more pics guy :)

Foremand Posted - 04/03/2013 : 20:58:02
Thanks badwool. Here's a few updated pictures of the little bugger. He's right on the old defensive all the time he's funny as wants to fight my hand all the time other than when there's food involved. Lol

I did take the sand out but then it felt empty so I'm constantly keeping an eye on him eating etc and he seems to be pooing more than enough. So personally I think the sand isn't much of an issue.
badwool Posted - 06/02/2013 : 10:07:05
like it!!!!

looks good with the smaller uv creating a photo-gradient!

good stuff.
Foremand Posted - 06/02/2013 : 00:23:15
Yeah I have heard that. He's for my partners daughter really but are mine until I tell her lol and yeah I can't wait.

I've tried bopping my head to my partner but she's not interested lol
jbarlow91 Posted - 05/02/2013 : 23:45:17
They are pretty easy to keep really as long as temps are ok and have uv light. Then its just a case of giving him water everyday, some bugs covered with the calcium powder then a bowl of greens lol. Wait till it is older and it is breeding season they are so funny waving and head bopping they must be the most sexually frustrated animals ever lol they never give up
Foremand Posted - 05/02/2013 : 22:18:20
Appreciate the advice guys. And Chris. Your not having a go. It's just advice. I could be a complete mug and not take any advice people give me. But hey first think Tomo I'm gonna take it out. Not throw it. Ill just keep to one side as good clean stuff.

I'm new to this so any other people experience helps. That's the only way we all learn.
Thanks again.
chrisc Posted - 05/02/2013 : 21:57:34
i agree with jbarlow91 you want to keep him/her on paper/tissue/lino until it's 6+ month's old and a accurate feeder.
not having a go or anything but personally i would bin that coloured sand, ive seen pic's where it has stained their feet so go know what it does to their inside's.
play sand is best once their old enough a some big bit's of sandstone late look's good in the viv i got a load for a couple of quid from a garden center.

he/she is a cool little thing, i will get some more beardie's one day
Foremand Posted - 05/02/2013 : 17:28:47
Yeah that's why I'm going to hand feed him to save all that trouble
jbarlow91 Posted - 05/02/2013 : 17:15:01
Looks good lol I'd be careful with the sand as if they swallow it can cause impaction and even the calci sand aint too good as it can clog up if gets to wet. If u have a tub you could put him in to feed might not be a problem lol
Foremand Posted - 05/02/2013 : 16:38:19
Some new decorations. Some pink for girl bearded and some blue for boy bearded. Kids idea lol as we don't no the sex. Lol

Got him/her some crickets and mealworms today. As shop had none at time of purchase. He loves them :-) bless. I even managed to hand feed them to him.
BlueDragon Posted - 04/02/2013 : 08:38:55
Aww, he's so miniture : 3
badwool Posted - 03/02/2013 : 22:48:28
I'd stick with the one you have with a good reflector.

Check out the article on uv in prk this month, it's good to have a darker side.
Foremand Posted - 03/02/2013 : 16:40:25
Exactly. I didn't want to do that
jbarlow91 Posted - 03/02/2013 : 16:29:53
At least you have one that's main thing some people don't even bother then wonder why their dragon ends up ill lol
Foremand Posted - 03/02/2013 : 16:02:21
Yeah ill upgrade it in few weeks. Finances are low at mo. lol
jbarlow91 Posted - 03/02/2013 : 14:50:49
You might be better off with a 30" bulb in a three ft tank so it covers the whole tank mate
Foremand Posted - 03/02/2013 : 13:36:34
I got 18" 10.0
badwool Posted - 03/02/2013 : 11:38:35
Nice mate. What uv did you go for?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000