The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 The roach revolution

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotabob Posted - 03/02/2013 : 23:49:28
Well after my success with the easy dubia roaches I have decided to get some more roaches. Just ordered a colony of lobster roaches and a few madegascan hissing cockroaches. Pics to follow soon but very exciting times for a bug nerd like me.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 07/02/2013 : 10:12:32
My boysie hisser died so I've had no babies so far : (
I'm hoping to get another couple of males once I get a nice new home for them. The girls don't seem to mind, they have each other.

They are big for what they are, but they're totally harmless. They're fast to begin with, but now mine are tame they just sit on your hand like a lump, or have a slow wander. I can even tip them over to check for mites and they'll just lie there and let me look.
They can't bite or scratch, although it can feel funny when they walk on you 'cause those little spikes on their legs grip your skin and can kinda feel a bit pr*ckly : )

I love them though... and I'm a girl ; )

Edited 'cause I can't use that word above without adding a star X )

Lotabob Posted - 06/02/2013 : 23:25:00
I'm expecting no more than 20 per female every 3 months, so they aren't the fastest producing roaches in the world the Dubias and the lobsters have that record, the lobsters can bang out upto 40 a month per female, Dubias are somewhere in the middle.
jbarlow91 Posted - 06/02/2013 : 23:05:54
They look massive
kev 5 Posted - 06/02/2013 : 22:32:12
how many babies do they have roughly?
Lotabob Posted - 06/02/2013 : 20:13:11
The Female

The Male

I have 2 of each sex and maybe they will grace me with babies. I also got about 100 Lobster roaches, boy they are fast, fun and fast.
Lotabob Posted - 04/02/2013 : 22:24:35
Yeah my dubia roaches are single handed feeding 3 Arachnids (obt won't eat them only crickets, pain in the orange ass) a gecko for treats, a frog and a mantis. They cost me nothing really to feed, they eat my scraps, bit of bug grub.

I give the dubia a good mixed diet but to really get them breeding I feed them oranges, they go mad for it and babies always follow.
badwool Posted - 04/02/2013 : 17:24:16
im breeding turkistan roaches at the minute - so cool!

Can't believe I ever paid for food!!!!
jbarlow91 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 17:11:16
Cool to look at but don't think I could hold them tho lol
BlueDragon Posted - 04/02/2013 : 08:35:33
I've got hissers. They don't do much, but I've got them used to being handled so they're not nervy anymore.
They're really fussy eaters though. Well, mine are anyway, and so are my Mam's. They'll go mad for something once and then refuse to eat it again for ages. So you have to keep them interested with loads of different foods. Mine like grated carrot and kale a lot and also get things like grated brocoli, squished peas (they won't eat them if they have the husks on) and they go mad for celery as well, as long as I don't give it to them too often. they'll eat the odd dog biscuit and orange segment... but will only eat tinned mandarin segments X )

Make good pets though, I just like to watch them do nothing 'cause I'm strange like that : )

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000