The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Strange behaviour.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Foremand Posted - 06/02/2013 : 00:55:00
Our bearded dragon seems to be constantly hanging from his heat lamp guard. And even falls asleep there. He's managed to jump up that high to hold on.

Is this normal? Or dangerous?

He's getting 42 degrees on his rock under the lamp. So I'm sure he's got enough.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbarlow91 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 23:10:18
They are pretty good jumpers lol my female jumped the whole length of her 3ft viv to bite me when she was young lol
Lotabob Posted - 07/02/2013 : 21:17:14
Not daft are they. They find the nicest hottest place to sit or cling and go there when they want to be warm. Plus its cool to be hanging around on the suspended climbing frame.
Foremand Posted - 07/02/2013 : 15:55:15
Thanks for advice guys. I'm going to remove the guard and move the logs lower down.
LittlestarRed Posted - 07/02/2013 : 14:45:44
This is why my Beardies viv is now 2.5ft tall, that way they can't reach the guard!

In the old viv they would cling on for ages, in the end I took the bulb guard off to stop them!
BlueDragon Posted - 07/02/2013 : 10:23:01
I think that's the main reason why people don't use a guard for lizards, 'cause they can have a habit of this. Take it off and he won't be able to grip onto the light.
It could be dangerous for him if he's left to carry on doing this 'cause he'll end up burning himself really badly.
chrisc Posted - 06/02/2013 : 07:17:01
i have seen beardie's doing this in reptile shop's before.

as the guard's can get very hot i would move those to big bit's of wood down to the floor so that he/she cant jump up to the guard.

most people with big terrestrial lizard's/monitor's(myself included) and a lot i know who keep beardie's don't use a light guard, as long as the bulb is not easily reached if they jump for it there's nothing for them to grab hold of

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000