The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 p.imperator commune

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 16/02/2013 : 17:06:25
first time ive setup a tub for keeping scorpion's together and the first time ive used the false bottom method

decided to hide the tube under the water bowl so they don't climb down an get stuck

added 3 hide's/burrow's, some spagnum moss an a bit of slate

the occupant's, i have another female who will go in there but she is due to moult soon so will wait until she's moulted before adding her.
the male.

the female.

one went straight under one of the bit's of wood while the other had a look around

chucked a few cricket's in there and they are currently both sat under this bit of wood
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 21/02/2013 : 08:39:13
Looks really good, : )
chrisc Posted - 19/02/2013 : 12:55:22
Yea its a shame but she was adult so could have been fairly old.

Basically you remove the insides an clean it out then pack with cotton wool an glue the side up.
Then cover the underneath with hair spray, mount it on a bit of wood or something position it how you want it an hair spray the top half.

I will take some pics an make a thread of how i do it, there are other ways but the hair spray is easy an works well.
Heres the red claw i did a few months back
BlueDragon Posted - 19/02/2013 : 10:03:44
Sorry about your girl. What a shame : (

How do you go about preserving them?
chrisc Posted - 18/02/2013 : 20:18:32
a false bottom could work well with GTP's as their arboreal an may be good in a planted setup long as the humidity doesn't get too high.

thank's shame as only had her a couple of week's, she's in the freezer at the moment and im going to preserve her on a bit of wood like i did with my red claw that died a while back
Foremand Posted - 18/02/2013 : 20:04:07
Sorry to hear your loss Chris but hey awesome stuff on the fulse bottom. Definitely a follow on idea
chrisc Posted - 18/02/2013 : 18:03:40
quote:
Originally posted by BlueDragon

I like that false-bottom idea. Shame you can't use it for Royals 'n' other Snakes that need higher humidity. 'Cause if they're anything like Tig was then they'd just dig it all up and make a big mess X )

Your Scorps are looking really good. Big and shiny : ) I'm assuming your hoping them to breed? How many babies are you expecting?

yes it would be handy for specie's that need high humidity of they didn't burrow, might work if you added a layer of some soft mesh of something to stop them getting right down.

thank's yes i plan to breed a few different type's of scorpion, with the emperor's they can have between 15-30 scorpling's.

unfortunately my adult female flat rock died on saturday so need to find another adult/sub adult for breeding when the male mature's
BlueDragon Posted - 18/02/2013 : 08:44:38
I like that false-bottom idea. Shame you can't use it for Royals 'n' other Snakes that need higher humidity. 'Cause if they're anything like Tig was then they'd just dig it all up and make a big mess X )

Your Scorps are looking really good. Big and shiny : ) I'm assuming your hoping them to breed? How many babies are you expecting?
jbarlow91 Posted - 17/02/2013 : 08:43:15
Cool sounds like a good idea
kev 5 Posted - 16/02/2013 : 22:14:09
looking good
chrisc Posted - 16/02/2013 : 21:40:51
just checked on them for about the 20th time today an they seem to be getting on fine one was running round with a cricket in it's gob an the other was just walking about
chrisc Posted - 16/02/2013 : 21:34:42
cheer's all, i love how they look under UV light carlb1981 i got an led UV torch off ebay for a fiver

quote:
Originally posted by jbarlow91

What is the false bottom method and what is it used for

i forgot to take a pic before adding the substrate but the false bottom method keep's the humidity up so you don't have to spray them very often.
what you do is put a thin layer of stone's/gravel under the substrate then pour water through the little tube, the water them seep's up into the substrate and you just top it up when the water level get's low
herriotfan Posted - 16/02/2013 : 20:19:31
Looking good.
jbarlow91 Posted - 16/02/2013 : 20:19:22
What is the false bottom method and what is it used for
carlb1981 Posted - 16/02/2013 : 19:16:22
My daughter was fascinated with the scorpions in my local rep shop with the uv light i had to explain how it works and that they aren't really that colour lol
chrisc Posted - 16/02/2013 : 17:28:21
thank's really please with how this came out
Foremand Posted - 16/02/2013 : 17:12:18
Looking good Chris. Keep it up

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000