The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Dwarf Boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 15/03/2013 : 19:05:53
Do any of you own a dwarf boa?
What sort?
Please tell me all about it...it's care, housing, feeding, temperament, suitability as 'beginner' boa and anything else you think a newbie should know!
Could you recommend any websites to view and do you know any reputable breeders?
Thanks.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carlb1981 Posted - 16/03/2013 : 12:12:55
Here's one of the caresheet i used the other seems to be gone
http://www.emeraldislereptiles.com/available/snakes/boas/sonoran-dwarf-boa-aka-sonoran-boa-or-mexican-boa-boa-c-imperator.html
carlb1981 Posted - 16/03/2013 : 12:07:29
I own a pair of sonoran dwarf boas both parents were 5ft and as already said care is the same as all bci they are great to handle and easy to care for I'll post link to caresheet i used and if you hold off until the donny show the breeder i bought mine from should be there he's got some gorgeous morphs
Lotabob Posted - 15/03/2013 : 21:20:18
I do indeed have a Hogg island boa. I cannot sing the praises of this slightly larger dwarf. They change colour for a start dark in the day, light at night. Exactly the same setup as a royal with climbing stuff as above but Sanke appears to prefer her belly on the ground most of the time. She is pushing 5 foot so bit bigger than the tiddler boas, strong and strong willed too. I love her to bits.

Just a few pictures to show ow pretty she is.
jimmer7 Posted - 15/03/2013 : 20:18:34
Hi just picked up a nicaraguan boa today, seen both parents, mum was around 6-7ft and the dad was about 5ft or less. My youg male have just been put in a 3ftx2ftx2ft, temps same as royal or a little bit higher.give them plenty to climb, big water bowl and a few hides
chrisc Posted - 15/03/2013 : 19:37:58
i did own a crawl cay dwarf boa, pretty much the same care as a common boa but they are semi arboreal.
after the first year feed every 2 week's as they can be prone to obesity.

not too clued up on the other dwarf's apart from nicaraguan's being narky little thing's.

lotabob own's a hogg island dwarf an they are the bigger of the dwarf's if i remember right, there's also calker cay dwarf's to have a look at.

gazboas breed's some stunning crawl cay's
http://gazboas.co.uk/

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000