The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Bearded Dragons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pythonwizard Posted - 26/03/2013 : 18:51:13
Hey long time since i have been on here

**quick update**
all 3 snakes are all well and feeding which is great news last time i was on here my jungle carpet python had RI infection and mites an great news he is okay now and haven't seen any mites in weeks i didn't have a name for him so i decided to call him scar

so am thinking on getting a bearded dragon in the next couple of weeks and been reading up and searching the web as you do and came along this
http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-starter-kits-417/bearded-dragon-starter-kits-1509/swell-bearded-dragon-starter-kit-silver-59124.html

was just wondering what else i would need for my beardie or if anyone has found cheaper kits somewhere else

thanks Py
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 31/03/2013 : 03:11:36
So much for closing down :P
carlb1981 Posted - 29/03/2013 : 08:10:25
Look at surrey pet supplies for your uv tube the arcadia slimline t5 luminaire is what im going for its 60quid for all you need and they look neat and tidy in the viv
boomslang Posted - 28/03/2013 : 15:21:23
I'd forget about that :) Looks junk :) and you will need to spend more adding to it.Which will push the cost up,higher then if you bought everything yourself.

Get a uv tube,and whichever type of bulb you want the basking/heat to come from,and everything else Chrisc said.

And whichever sized viv depending on the age of the dragon you buy.You'll want a calcium/vitamin D3 supplement too.
chrisc Posted - 26/03/2013 : 19:44:41
you will need 2 digital thermometer's and a dimming thermostat, it's also better to use a uv tube instead of the compact uv bulb's

they need to be kept on tissue/newspaper until 6+ month's old then you can use a loose substrate my personal choice is ordinary play sand with some big flat bit's of sandstone slate.
you can also use lino, woodchip or upturned tile's as substrate personally i wouldn't use woodchip with beardie's and don't use calci sand or that coloured stuff

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000