The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Hognose housing...help?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 20/04/2013 : 01:20:42
Posted - 19/04/2013 : 23:40:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a Monkfield 18"(W)x11.5"9(D)x6"(H) viv (if that's what they call them...it's the low viv thingy with the glass top!) and I'm just wanting to know if that will be ok for a male hognose snake?
I know they like to burrow so I assume height is not an issue.
Please correct me if my research information is wrong.
I do have other normal height vivs if the Monkfield isn't suitable.
All opinions welcome...this would be my first hoggie so I want to 'get it right' for the little chap.
Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 22/04/2013 : 12:19:22
I'm a big fan fan of rubs from them as you can move them up slowly and steadily . But then I know some that love routing around in a viv if its packed out
boomslang Posted - 20/04/2013 : 20:14:59
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Thanks for all replies.

Np :P I was going to buy one too,as at the time they looked cool hehe.But to many draw backs.
herriotfan Posted - 20/04/2013 : 18:24:13
Thanks for all replies.
boomslang Posted - 20/04/2013 : 17:42:28
My male freaked out,when i put him in something the size of a cricket keeper.So that can happen,So i'd just use rubs and work your way up to a viv :)

Also mine climbs lots hehe.

boomslang Posted - 20/04/2013 : 17:39:28
Well you'll need to upgrade later,as that's kinda small.If it's a baby you're getting i'd just use a rub or braPlast boxes,which are like £1.

and move up as he gets bigger.At £32 it's abit of a waste for a baby hog.If it was a viv that size,and you wanted something other then a rub that looked nice.Then i'd say sure :) But,you can't put anything on top of these like you can a viv.

at least with a rub,I wouldn't feel guilty if i didn't re use it,or it went in the bin.where as this can't be stacked,and its £32 sitting around doing nothing.

I just think there pointless and do the same as a rub.
Lotabob Posted - 20/04/2013 : 10:47:36
A tip for blocking the air gap of a RUB lid.

Wet toilet roll or kitchen roll pushed into the lids air gaps makes a tight fitting block, leave it to dry then just cover it in hot glue to hold it in. I had to do this with my house snake he was 2mm wide when I first got him, escape was a very real option for him.
chrisc Posted - 20/04/2013 : 09:28:50
would be fine for a hoggy but if your getting a baby might want to start with a small faun or a RUB(will want to block the air gap on the lid)
Kelfezond Posted - 20/04/2013 : 08:57:00
I don't see why that would be a problem my little hoggies never seem to crave height though they have it available, they normally prefer to dig as you've said.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000