The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Go LARGE or not

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paulusworm Posted - 06/05/2009 : 22:57:42
Hopefully this thread will help you decide whether or not a large reptile is for you. At monthly intervals I will post a pic of Godzilla the Bosc Monitor and a brief outline of what has happened, war wounds that he has given me, viv building and anything funny that happened. So here's the first pic:

So far I have discovered that although he is small and seriously cute he definately stands his ground and is not scared of the big shaven monkey. There was a lot of huffing and puffing when he came out of his viv yesterday but today it didn't go on as long. So far there hasn't been any biting or tail whipping but there's still time yet. He is VERY fast on his feet and can jump pretty well to.

Viv size at the moment is 36" x 18.5" x 20" but materials are being sourced to build a 6' x 3' x 3' over the next few months which should see him through to adulthood .
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:57:57
Ah, so sad to hear!

Glad you found them all good homes, and fingers crossed that times get better for you soon.

All the very best! x
Paulusworm Posted - 30/05/2012 : 20:39:52
Blimey! Has it really been that long since I was last on here?!?! Just to update the thread, and bring it to a close, I had to rehome Godzilla (and all my other reps) because I was out of work for far, far too long. Was starting to struggle with the bills but they all went to good homes. Godzilla is now living the life of Riley visiting schools with a mobile zoo and helping, along with all the other critters they have, to educate the next generation about the world around them. I still miss him but am happy in the knowledge that he is leading a happy and useful life.
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 17:39:13
brilliant thread and very informative thanks. im getting a bosc in a few weeks an this thread has given me some really good advise, so much more info than you get from a care sheet
BlueDragon Posted - 02/04/2011 : 11:57:58
Sorry : /
chris100575 Posted - 01/04/2011 : 14:21:59
Bah, I saw new posts and thought Paul had updated us!
BlueDragon Posted - 20/03/2011 : 12:27:47
Wow, just read through this and I have to say it's a very usful thread for people. Hopfully more people will think before they buy now!

G is a gorgious boy though, and he seems so tame now, a proper daddy's boy ; ) Obviously lovin' his grub too!

Well done for all your hard work!
boze Posted - 13/03/2011 : 02:52:43
Update pictures pleeeeeease :-)

D
mischang Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:49:32
in the last picture u can see his head is that his tail at the other end ?? omg respect to you your have done a fab job .
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 16:53:40
Hows the big fella doing? Grown much since the last few pics, been almost 2 months.

It really does make you realise just how much attention these types of lizard need, certainly not one for the inexperienced. As Karl said it does make you realise just why so many of them end up looking for a new home because many people wouldn't realise how big and powerfull these guys get, certainly a lizard that demands a certain amount of respect, and on top of that the food bills must be pretty big.
karl Posted - 21/03/2010 : 09:03:30
Makes you realise why there are so many of these come up for rehome, wonder how many people just do not realise how big/powerful they are.
Paulusworm Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:42:56
Took a couple more of him today chilling out in his log:

Paulusworm Posted - 11/02/2010 : 17:14:59
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

when he's fully grown, he'll be about 5 foot

Nose to tail? (as opposed to vent).

Nose to tail....... I hope **frantically runs off to check notes and price of 18mm OSB3 just in case**

**Breathes out again** Yes. Nose to tail .
matty18714 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 16:37:49
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

when he's fully grown, he'll be about 5 foot

Nose to tail? (as opposed to vent).
Paulusworm Posted - 11/02/2010 : 16:13:25
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

That's quite some growing he's been doing! How long do you think it'll take him to get to adult size?

They have two major growth spurts in the first 18 months, approx, of their life when they get most of their growing done. It all slows down after that, thank god .
chris100575 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 15:40:58
That's quite some growing he's been doing! How long do you think it'll take him to get to adult size?
Paulusworm Posted - 11/02/2010 : 15:24:53
quote:
Originally posted by jesse1986
[brWow!! Grown so much Looks GORGEOUS!!! How much bigger do they get???

Thank you. With him being a male, when he's fully grown, he'll be about 5 foot of muscle, claws, teeth, whipping tail and attitude. That's the main reason why it is so important to get the taming done and gain their trust before they get big enough to do too much damage. I saw his teeth properly for the first time today. I think we can safely say that if the mood took him I'd be needing stitches from now on.
jesse1986 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 15:17:43

Wow!! Grown so much Looks GORGEOUS!!! How much bigger do they get???
Paulusworm Posted - 11/02/2010 : 14:29:11
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

He looks big, but I don't know how big your bath is, need photos of you holding him

Ta daaaaa:

My apologies for being a mouth breather in the pics. Bit of a cold man-flu at the moment .
Couldn't measure him this time out because my 5 year old was freaking him out. It hurts when G freaks out .
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 12:47:25
aw he looks a happy chappy in that bathtub
how long is he now paul?
Paulusworm Posted - 09/02/2010 : 08:13:26
Thank you. I won't lie, because the whole point of this thread is to tell people the truth about these beasties, it has taken one hell of a lot of time and patience to get him to this stage but it is soooo worth it. Working on the basic dog training commands with him at the moment. Next time I get him out for a handle I'll try and get some pics of the state of my forearms afterwards .

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000