The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Another Boa Feeding Scare

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 02/06/2013 : 20:18:05
I posted this on facebook but only friends can read and i'm still in a state of shock lol

OMG what a scare Winny, Steve's 7' Boa just gave me.

Feeding..I used the old tongs, had to wedge the jumbo rat..Winny was ready at the doors while I heated it. Anyway I pushed it through the door and wow she lunged, threw coils but ..Oh no she had the tongs held in a vice, rat still in the grips.

If I had video'd it you would have howled with laughter as to what came next!

I had the window open to allow me to pull at the tongs, which only slid her closer..she let go and started heading my way, so I blocked her with a pillow lol
Anyway I got Katana out of bed, put Bert in the bathroom and I pulled the tongs, rat with snake attached out on the carpet. We managed to uncoil her and eventually coaxed her back into the viv.
I reheated the rat and using the proper tongs offered the offending rat and he grabbed it in a millisecond lol
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 03/06/2013 : 09:59:53
hehe I throw a plastic mat in for Saru, and as soon as he sees it he is out, waiting at the glass. Its the boas that have the aggressive feeding response. In comparison the retics are rather gentile :)

Any mischief you can be sure that Winny is somehow involved. That's three incidents now..escaped and found days later under the weta cabinet..my dwarves and now the tong dilemma lol
jonnyc1988 Posted - 03/06/2013 : 07:49:11
I like the way you stress it's Steve's boa. Just wait until your retics grow up. They will be leaping across the room for food.
JanieW Posted - 02/06/2013 : 22:38:00
Two words for you pal..

Shut Up!

lmao it was soo not funny
Baobab Posted - 02/06/2013 : 22:00:19
Woa Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Go Winny, go Winny, go Winny.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000