The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Boa with possible RI

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cookie Posted - 22/06/2013 : 12:20:51
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advice. My boa, BCI, is wheezing a bit, only when he's wrapped around me though. When he's on the ground for example I don't hear anything. There's no bubbles and he's not gaping or anything. I'm waiting to speak to a Vet this Monday but wanted some advice in the meantime. Other than the wheezing when holding him, he seems perfectly healthy, eating fine etc.

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cookie Posted - 25/06/2013 : 13:08:17
Thanks guys! I've had a conversation with a Vet here and they said they don't think there is anything to worry about as there's no bubbles etc. Thank god for that! If there was a problem I'd have a 2.5 hour drive to get to to the vets!
Baobab Posted - 23/06/2013 : 15:32:05
+1 on richard and kelf. I took our Winny to the vets when we first got her because of the noise they make breathing, especially when they are exerting themselves ie when your stopping them going where they want to go.
richard v Posted - 22/06/2013 : 21:02:21
Same as kelf, my boa does the same her sighing blowes stuff round my kitchen. She has made this sighing sound since I have had her from around 5ft
Kelfezond Posted - 22/06/2013 : 12:26:10
Is the boa big?

Large snakes have a tendency to have very loud breathing when they're being forced to move around, it's all to do with the shape of their windpipe being a solid circle as opposed to ours which can bend and flex, theirs acts as a wind tunnel magnifying the sound.

It can often be mistaken for an RI (I once took my girl to the vets for the same reason!)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000