The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Vicious Hognose

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 25/06/2013 : 20:00:17
I know they can hood up, hiss etc. but Henry all of a sudden has turned nasty.

I picked him up last night to have him out for awhile, he turned and bit me on the knuckle, with no warning at all.

Tonight I went to pick him up for his feed, but as soon as he saw my hand he raised up like a cobra. So I put a glove on, and sure enough he lunged and bit..stayed for 5 mins chewing on the glove.
After that he got fed in the faun..I have Royals, Boas, Retics but the only one i'm scared of now is that hoggie.

Any ideas why he would change so drasticly?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 27/06/2013 : 22:31:19
I'd feed him twice a week,or if he can try small mice :)
badwool Posted - 27/06/2013 : 10:50:09
My mexican is the most angry snake I've ever seen!
jimmer7 Posted - 27/06/2013 : 08:19:28
Try to offer 2 fuzzys , for some reason mine dont like a large meal, rather have 2 smaller one's.
JanieW Posted - 27/06/2013 : 04:18:49
lol Boom..he is getting a fuzzy mouse every 5 days, he could probably manage a crawler now tho
boomslang Posted - 26/06/2013 : 01:06:55
Hehehehehe I started using gloves with my female :P As once she bites,She won't let go :) easier getting it off a glove,then your hand everyday mine throws itself round the viv striking at anything.launches itself out the door to

Anyway,How offen and with what are you feeding him?
JanieW Posted - 25/06/2013 : 22:40:48
Hah! Little Henry indeed, the little sod bit the finger of the glove and chewed..he was so intent his body corkscrewed with the effort!
It's Horrid Henry atm
Baobab Posted - 25/06/2013 : 22:33:41
"wore a glove to handle little Henry" (sniggers into hand).
JanieW Posted - 25/06/2013 : 22:05:20
Hopefuly that's the reason then
jimmer7 Posted - 25/06/2013 : 21:00:43
Yeh they can take along time to shed
JanieW Posted - 25/06/2013 : 20:50:55
Possibly Jimmer, but he has always been in he same faun. Even after we found him after his 6 months lost back at Easter he was never like this. He gives no warning, but by his stance you know he'd bite first chance and he does.
This is so sudden..only thing I can think of is 2 weeks ago he was blue, no shed as yet.

Then little Timmy on the other hand was blue last week, and last night shed in Katana's hands. When I took him out there was no loose skin, then it just peeled off in one piece,
jimmer7 Posted - 25/06/2013 : 20:15:43
Hi sounds like my female, she was in a faun, but once I put her into a viv she was like a different snake.alot more friendly. I put it down to the fuss of open the faum and being attacked from above, not literally but thats what I think they feel.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000