The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 dumerils boa,,,info?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 15/04/2011 : 01:07:58
can any one tell me more about dumerils boa's ? im interested in boa's but wouldnt want one that got bigger than 5 foot ? maybe 6 ? manageable to ahndle on ur own etc?
ive heard wooden viv's arent suitable ? what would u reccomend? thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 16/04/2011 : 01:02:57
hehehe aaah i wouldnt get one not this year anyway , still learning about our zac , i think i would get another python first if everythin goes well with him and we get on ok :) but im just doing abit of research first :)
n/a Posted - 15/04/2011 : 13:04:10
Ha - let me know if you find a good feeding vid - the ones I found were pretty poor, such as the daft owner with the boa scrunched up in a tiny mucky tank, who kept jerking her hand away from the snake (surprised she's still GOT a hand under the circs.) And a couple of live feeding, which I didn't really want to watch, though they are FAST (unless slowed down in video) but as for a vid with a snake waiting and then erupting in a shower of substrate ... nothing like that so far ...d'oh!
Kelfezond Posted - 15/04/2011 : 11:52:14
I would assume so haha that must be fun to watch... Off to youtube!
n/a Posted - 15/04/2011 : 11:44:51
That's interesting. Interested in a smaller boa myself, so I googled them, and one website said they were a good snake for a novice ...

Perhaps it's just the larger eventual size that gives them 'advanced' status? Amendment - sorry, Kelf missed the bit about BCI being 'intermediate'. Would have thought BCI was 'advanced' too.

Oh, and they are, apparently, ENTHUSIASTIC feeders. They like deep substrate to burrow in and will lie in wait until the prey is offered... Then they'll burst out like a jack-in-a-box, showering substrate everywhere. With a 6' snake this might not be for the novice or nervous, but pretty impressive (and messy) by the sound.

Putting kitchen roll down might be a bit pointless under those circumstances lol - presumably a 6' snake you can trust to digest a bit of aspen or whatever ...
Kelfezond Posted - 15/04/2011 : 11:28:19
On the reptillian website they're rated as "Advanced" snakes, so might be an idea to get some more experience first. Not 100% sure why they're rated Advanced and BCI's are Intermediate :P
GMac Posted - 15/04/2011 : 01:38:27
ask gingerpony or Lee2308, they both have dums, but Gp's dum is bigger they come on here occasionally but you would be better catching them both on TCS

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000