The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Corn Snake Morphs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Margwar Posted - 29/05/2011 : 18:55:21
I know nothing about Corn snake morphs, but I saw this advert and the image that is on the advert has made me want it!

But, what the hell morph is it?!

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1033942742/8412409f.html
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Margwar Posted - 30/05/2011 : 14:47:07
I just asked about prices, the amels are £20 and the "unusual ones" are £30..... I think I'll stick to Royals and people that know what they are.
louise32 Posted - 30/05/2011 : 13:14:37
Looks like a normal to me. A few have just hatched to members on TCS and look exactly the same. They can take quite a few sheds to lighten up a bit.

BlueDragon Posted - 30/05/2011 : 10:59:13
Hmm, interesting. Pandora was a Carolina (or so I was led to beleive) and she was never dark like that. I bought her at a week old and she was the brightest one in the tub! Her oranges were so... orange! And instead of getting lighter as your saying they do her colours got more intence. The oranges and reds were very bold by the time she was adult. Was she still a Carolina? I don't have any photos to show you... they were all eaten by that *insert apropreate adult word here* Antivirus 2009 virus that everyone got, including me : (
Margwar Posted - 29/05/2011 : 22:35:41
lol I've found that with Storm, she's always changing colour! I much prefer Royals in that respect, as you said, what you get is what you see.
Lotabob Posted - 29/05/2011 : 22:22:53
Yeah as they grow they all change my Spot was pure black and white not a drop of any other colour now he has a right mish mosh of colurs, greys, silvers, Yellow, pink. Still pretty but very different, at least with Royals what you see is what you get forever. And my Boa changes colour about 20 times a day lol.
Margwar Posted - 29/05/2011 : 22:09:57
Thank you guys!
I don't really plan on breeding corn snakes, I've never really liked them until I saw that one, I assume after a few shed it'll start to change colour and what not then?
Lotabob Posted - 29/05/2011 : 21:26:37
Lol, yeah normal does cover a pretty wide variety of the different colour patterns.
I think it is to do with the colours present though rather than where the colours are. Then the different morphs are basically the asbense of one or more of the original/normal colours, oh and then there are patterns to throw in, lol. Genetics is seriously confusing.
n/a Posted - 29/05/2011 : 21:06:08
Ah! I see what you mean, but to me those aren't the trad Carolina or what I understand as normal - they're outcrosses, hence the het factor. In fact one of the first pics looks a lot like Cy, my Miami.

Amendment - this term 'normal' does in fact confuse me re corns. Smetimes it's used for the original wild-type pattern; sometimes it's used for the Carolina corn. I admit to being a bit foggy here ...

Said Ian's Vivariums could help though! (Erm, let me be right in one respect, please please?)

Whatever it is, Margwar, it's a pretty corn and if you're planning to breed, if that breeder can tell you what it's het for, you can plan on what you want to put it to - the variations of corns are even more dizzying than royals ... and that's saying something!

Lotabob Posted - 29/05/2011 : 20:49:11
Some are more red but some start off so dark I would have thought it was an Anery except it has red, Anery is the absense of red. There may be some hets in there that are partially visible (I am trying to grasp the genetics side of breeding at the moment) but I'm sticking with normal.

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/normal/

Scroll down to some of the normal hatchies with hets.
n/a Posted - 29/05/2011 : 20:43:54
I have a Carolina, but she was nothing like that as a baby - she was rusty brown (the shop called her a 'brown' corn) with some buff and a tiny bit of black, and has got brighter and brighter (see Stumpy's Izzy on this section.) She definitely didn't look predominantly black and white like the snake in that Preloved pic.

Unless my advanced years have affected my eyesight, Bob, lol!
Lotabob Posted - 29/05/2011 : 20:38:24
Its a normal also known as Carolina or wildtype. They start off dark like that, thats quite a new hatchling too. Very sweet.
n/a Posted - 29/05/2011 : 19:09:01
Hi - as they say, an odd mix of anery (anerythristic) and amelanistic. It looks like a black and white snake with a touch of orange/red - never seen anything like it myself but I'm not an expert. Eeji on TCS would know - he has his own website too - Ian's vivariums.

I have an anery - she started out as a black and white baby, like the pics of Lotabob's Spot, but now, at 2, she's a sort of stone colour with dark chocolate markings. Amels are a sort of pinky red pattern that gets brighter- Jayde on Introductions has posted pics of a really stunning amel. But to see the two together in one snake ...wow. I'd say, if it grabs you and you've got the space, buy it!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000