The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 cohabit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 19/06/2011 : 11:06:52
Hey guys, as you may know I unexpectadly had pandora my bci drop 34 baby boas on me, being unprepared they had to make do with being in cricket boxes for the moment but they've all shed now and i'd really like them moved into their rubs, I am in the process of building a rack but I literally only have room for 18 rubs and I have 34 babies, alot of them will be sold as soon as they take their second feeds as a fair few have been ordered but up until then i'd love to take them out of the cricken boxes, this would mean temporarily cohabiting them for 2-3 weeks, 2 boas to a rub.
Are there any likely high risk scenario's that can come from this, i'm aware oof the risks with cohabiting royals but don't know if boas are notoriously bad for cohabiting or if they're okay for it.

Cheers for the advice guys
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 19/06/2011 : 15:38:13
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

I'm sorry Bats but you were the only one I knew that would take it with the humour that it was intended lol, but I have no doubt that there is a witty reply in you just bursting to come out..........

LOL - I take that as a compliment! (You just wait ...)
reptilemadd Posted - 19/06/2011 : 15:33:34
I'm sorry Bats but you were the only one I knew that would take it with the humour that it was intended lol, but I have no doubt that there is a witty reply in you just bursting to come out..........
n/a Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:47:39
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

Hi Kelf I know very little about bci's but given the fact that they are not canabalistic added to the fact they are only young, I'm guessing it would probably be ok as a temp measure untill you have parted with the ones that have already been ordered, and you can then seperat the rest, as I'm guessing had you sold them to a pet shop they would've kept them in pairs whilst on display waiting to be sold, hope that helps if not this post was written by someone else (SHHHHHHHHH it was Bats lol)

Oooh! Not fair! Grrr!

I didn't like to comment as I'm not knowledgeable about boas - but it did occur to me that some pet shops (and rep shops) would keep the little things all together in one enclosure ...worst case scenario - 'oh well we don't know who's eating and who isn't because we can't tell them apart ...' (I kid you not - I've had it said to me!)

So, compared to that, a bit of temporary doubling up, with careful carers like Kelf and Victoria, would seem to me to be pretty harmless?

LOL - I'll get you, Reptilemadd!
Lotabob Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:21:26
I juat googled a few combos of cannabalism and Boas and nothing came up for Boa on Boa munching. Seems they will eat a royal though or a burm but nothing to suggest Boa on Boa. You will know by now which ones are the really nippy ones strike at anything nutters, maybe keep them separate from others just in case they bite the others.
Kelfezond Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:16:08
Haha thanks, I was planning on doing it anyway I just wanted some reassurance :)
reptilemadd Posted - 19/06/2011 : 14:12:42
Hi Kelf I know very little about bci's but given the fact that they are not canabalistic added to the fact they are only young, I'm guessing it would probably be ok as a temp measure untill you have parted with the ones that have already been ordered, and you can then seperat the rest, as I'm guessing had you sold them to a pet shop they would've kept them in pairs whilst on display waiting to be sold, hope that helps if not this post was written by someone else (SHHHHHHHHH it was Bats lol)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000