The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Rhamphiophis oxyrhynchus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welly Posted - 07/07/2011 : 00:01:53
Or Rofous Beaked Snake to you and me....

He belongsto a close freind of mine. SHe saw him and fell in love with him. He came to her with a few mites and an eyecap. But nothing that couldnt be sorted with a bit of treatment and a decent shed.

He is such a character, he loves roaming, digging, burrowing and is a fierce feeder (rear fanged). He is a few years old and is quite lengthy. I'd guess and easy 4ft plus. (Im 5'10 and in the pictures).

He has an amazing head twitch, as they all do, that go side to side when he see's movement. He also backs up quite impressivly as well. His head and front qtr stay still while his tail and body back up behind his head. Really amazing to watch.

Anyways, here is Pharaoh

He has his eye cap here

He becomes a speed demon in the sun

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 12/10/2011 : 10:09:54
Wow, very nice snake, looks like japanies fast train but he is gorgeous !!
Welly Posted - 12/10/2011 : 01:15:48
He is on rat fluffs now.
boomslang Posted - 11/10/2011 : 23:18:15
its that big and eats pinkies?
Lotabob Posted - 11/10/2011 : 22:37:00
WOW that is one fast snake. I've never seen anything like that, it also looked like it was barely making an effort so I guess it really can shift when it goes for it.
Welly Posted - 09/10/2011 : 14:07:12
Few vids, not the best quality but you can see how jumpy and skitish he is.
These were just after feeding and he was on the hunt still.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/wellymeister/Pharaoh/?action=view¤t=2d98fffe.mp4

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/wellymeister/Pharaoh/?action=view¤t=0e7263ea.mp4

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x167/wellymeister/Pharaoh/?action=view¤t=0a5b63fb.mp4

BlueDragon Posted - 08/07/2011 : 11:07:42
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

Tell me about it. I have only seen 2 tnis one and a baby. Both from the same guy. We are looking for a pair so if you do see another be good to know.
The name does suit.

Yeah, I'll keep an eye out : )
Lotabob Posted - 07/07/2011 : 17:52:26
Nice looking and unusual, my kind of snake, I'd love a vine snake they do that strange swaying thing too. One day maybe.
Welly Posted - 07/07/2011 : 13:27:43
Tell me about it. I have only seen 2 tnis one and a baby. Both from the same guy. We are looking for a pair so if you do see another be good to know.
The name does suit.
BlueDragon Posted - 07/07/2011 : 11:45:56
You don't see many of these around... or I haven't anyway. It's nice to see one. He looks like he's having a good time with you friend : )

I like the name too, seems to suit him.
n/a Posted - 07/07/2011 : 10:11:52
That is the most gorgeous and unusual snake, and a very heartwarming rescue story too. Love the name Pharaoh.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000