The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Crested gecko info pleeease?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 13/07/2011 : 19:43:14
Can anyone share some info on crested geckos ? ive fallen in love with the little guys ! i have been doing abit of research on them , havent told the other half yet that i REAAAAALY want one , i said i want one for my birthday and got a flat no . theres time i have until october! i saw some advertised and it said they could come with a exo terra flat faunarium as they are babies , what else can they be kept in ? i kno that they dont need additional heat unless ur house goes very cold in the winter . and that they like baby food in fruit flavours , and bugs no bigger than the gap between their eyes . but can u tell me more about how often they shed ? housing idea's ? im assuming u cant use rubs ? any help would be much appreciated :)
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 14/07/2011 : 13:44:17
i keep finding reptiles i like now , considering i didnt have any snakes or real knowledge on any reptiles in march , i now own 3 snakes with a fourth coming on saturday and am now besotted with these guys. my missus is pretty good , however i really dont think a crestie will be joining the family just yet.....lol!
reptiledanny Posted - 14/07/2011 : 13:29:00
quote:
Originally posted by D3lboys-Morphs

YES to Gargoyle

there you mrsA, he has sed yes, so i would go and put a deposit down on one quick before he changes his mind
wish my parents would come round the idea of more, but unfortunatly no matter how cute the reptile, they still say no
Evolution Morphs Posted - 14/07/2011 : 10:18:57
NO to Gargoyle

MrsA82 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 07:27:20
I was also told NO definitely not by the o/h but he soon changed his mind and now here we are breeding and considering more. As bob says where theres a will there's a way!!

He also Told me NO when I asked for a royal
He just fault my good ideas can ya d3lboy

Gargoyle next me thinks but shhhhh
Laws Posted - 14/07/2011 : 02:00:47
I'm trying to throw hints...she still won't let me tho . But she thinks they are very cute . She said I can either have this boa saturday or a crestie. How harsh is that ! I've asked if I can have one for an xmas present . Maybe by then I can throw little hints in and see . They really don't require much , so wud just need the money for the gecko as I have a faun and the decor wudnt cost much , that wud do a baby until they are a year , so if I get a hatchie I have ages before I need to fork out on a long term home . MAN I WANT ONE ! She told me not to think about getting one and just bringing one home....lol !!
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/07/2011 : 23:26:58
Cmon guys can't wait for your new cresite pics ;)

Lotabob Posted - 13/07/2011 : 22:57:46
You could buy it as a gift for her when there is a will there is a way.
Laws Posted - 13/07/2011 : 21:50:24
I WANT one! so badly as they dont require as much as i first thought . Sar said no . and not to think about it . but i am . lol!
Lotabob Posted - 13/07/2011 : 21:10:00
Yeah they are OK at room temperature providing its not too cold. The babyfood thing is true they will eat it but really Crested Gecko Diet (CGD) is a far better thing to feed them, has everything they need in it and you can keep the wild side in them with occasional insects. They are gorgeous, I dont think its a secret that I am afterone myself but they are like rocking horse poo at the moment in Ireland but I will find one. They shed when they need to (and will sometimes eat their shed too so not a lot to worry about, lol) A taller setup is better, they are climbers, I have a 3 foot wide, 2 foot deep and 1.5 foot high viv planned for mine but while its a titchy baby it will be in a tall faunarium. RUBs may be a little shallow, though I did consider putting some legs on a 18 Litre RUB so it stands upright and the lid becomes a removable front, I'll let you know if it pans out.

They jump, if you hold out your hand with a bug they jump out from their enclosure for it and they also tweet. ARGGHHHHHHH I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000