The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 calling crestie owners....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 19/08/2011 : 15:32:09

Pleased to say little dylan is settling in and he's gorgeous . Have a question , as u kno it took me awhile to get him , and now sarah wud like one ov her own . I've read u can keep babies together until they mature and when u can tell the sex then if male , wud def need splitting up or male and female split . So I have dylan who is 6 grams and could potentially be getting a gorgeous pinstrip monday , who's 3 grams . Is this difference too much ? There are plenty of space and hides in the cage already . Any advice wud be much appreciated . I'm also not sure I should just suprise sarah with one , I normally ask about everything first.... But she pointed this one out saying how nice it was.... Agh !help lol !
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 22/08/2011 : 14:17:10
glad harley is doing well bob , they are amazing to watch , i think dilly looks really cute when hes asleep , he tucks his hands under his chin , awh!
Lotabob Posted - 21/08/2011 : 13:35:19
Harley is a champ, eating well, handling well, and he does seem to be getting bigger too. I love my snakes to bits but the characters on these little guys are something else.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 21/08/2011 : 13:13:55
A boy and a girl can share it's just when two boys share when the troubles start
Laws Posted - 21/08/2011 : 00:48:33
i cant afford both sadly , only have room for one more until we kno the sex wen we can keep a trio ;) lol! dilly is doing well had his first crickets tonite , so cute he had five and still looked like he could keep going!
i do like the partial pin on the bottom one , there are some full pinstripes too gona go look at all of them...shame i can only bring one home

Lotabob hows harley doing ?
reptiledanny Posted - 20/08/2011 : 21:24:40
i would say bottom as well, nice pattern, nice partial pinstripe, and looks to have a nice reddish hue to it
Evolution Morphs Posted - 20/08/2011 : 20:57:02
Well I'll go against the grain and say the bottom one

Could be classed as partial pinstripe ;)
Lotabob Posted - 20/08/2011 : 20:42:58
Aww they are both really cute my answer would be to maintain the surprise and GET BOTH!

I love the little flat bit on the end of theor tails that have the same grippy hairs as their feet, amazing what evolution can do.
n/a Posted - 20/08/2011 : 14:47:32
Yeah, I like the first one. Congrats in advance whichever you decide though!

Don't know why, keep thinking of the name Boudicca ... sort of primitive...umm...Boo for short?
Laws Posted - 20/08/2011 : 11:04:35
Lol yeah I think so lol ! This new little one will be the missus' tho . They def are very cute :)
MrsA82 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 07:13:05
Oh thee first one definitely for me

When we had our babies together, (clutch mates) we found that one one was growing so much faster than the other. It's only been since she has been alone she has really started to come on. Think there may have been a bit of compition for food. Maybe as they are older and bigger and a bit more established they might be ok

You really have the crestie bug though don't you
Laws Posted - 20/08/2011 : 01:15:28
well got home and sarah has laughed that i runined the suprise , altho she said i should have just done it anyway lol! so im off to get her one on monday . she cant decide between two of them atm lets have a vote , who do u think ?

she cant decide between the two lol , so i have to pick . she then has to decide a name lol!

n/a Posted - 19/08/2011 : 18:56:13
LOL - oops!!

I reckon that was subconscious lol!
Laws Posted - 19/08/2011 : 18:02:20
Hehe , not sure yet , I'm in limbo as to whether to or not . I knew about the quarentine period , just wondering if once that's been done they cud go together . My suprise however isn't going to be as I was asking my mom if she agreed and accidently sent it to sarah . I'm such a spanner !!!
n/a Posted - 19/08/2011 : 17:24:03
Congrats!

Yes, as Danny says, you're going to have to quarantine.

What are you going to call her?
reptiledanny Posted - 19/08/2011 : 16:35:28
its more on the size difference, really cresties that are kept together tend to either be hatch mates, or very closely hatched together so will roughly be the same size.
if they are roughly the same size, then it is up to you. i personally wouldnt do it but only because i had a bit of a problem with mine when i first got it, and he wouldnt eat. if i had 2 of them housed together, i may not have known that he was not eating, plus you would have to quarentine the new one, so would need another cage anyway

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000