The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 My red tail boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martinking6 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 22:15:51
Hiya

Thought I would share some pics of dorris my red tail boa constrictor, had her for a good few months now and had to spend time taming and calming her down as don`t think she had been handled much previously so got tagged for the first time as well a while ago but after recent major improvements with dorris`s temperament and willingness to come out and explore I decided dorris was getting ready to move into her new 6x2x2 penthouse viv equiped with private swimming pool, etc lol so excuse all the pictures but she fully deserves the praise

Viv with flash up

Natural look

Settling into her swimming pool, am really starting to see her character now that she has finally calmed down and relaxed seemingly completely, I love every one of these pics hence so many lol

She`s deep in shed as some may notice from the pics so perfect time for the swimming pool

Martin
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/08/2011 : 11:50:39
That first one of her all coiled up is gorgeous - well, all the pics are!
martinking6 Posted - 23/08/2011 : 06:52:15
Here she is all brand new

Showing off her red tail

Picture with flash off for more natural look

Martin
martinking6 Posted - 22/08/2011 : 23:19:55
You was bob on the money, she shed today and is looking all brand new again, 1 good clean shed will post some more pics up ths weekend

Martin
Lotabob Posted - 21/08/2011 : 19:19:01
I find the closer to a shed Sanke is the nicer she is and just after a shed she can be a bit fiesty. lol. She has just cleared and will be shedding any day now, such fun. lol.
martinking6 Posted - 21/08/2011 : 16:31:37
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Nice viv just gave me a great idea for when mine get a bit bigger though with the waterbowl. No sch thing as a fiesty Boa just a Boa Boa

Ye very likely must admit though the difference between her now and just 2 weeks ago when it all seemed to turn around is amazing, it was like someone swapped her for a different snake, no complaints at all

Martin
Laws Posted - 21/08/2011 : 12:48:04
lovely dorris :)
Lotabob Posted - 21/08/2011 : 12:39:24
Nice viv just gave me a great idea for when mine get a bit bigger though with the waterbowl. No sch thing as a fiesty Boa just a Boa Boa
Tawfik47 Posted - 21/08/2011 : 10:09:13
She looks great, and her new viv too .
martinking6 Posted - 21/08/2011 : 08:45:28
Hiya sticks

I got real lucky with this viv as it was a £100 ebay bargain a while ago

Martin
STICKS Posted - 21/08/2011 : 07:08:27
Hi there mark very nice job Dorris is a real bute.I am in the process of upgradeing sonny,s viv he is in a 3ftx24x18 at 4ft 2in at a year old that cost me £70 had that one made,But thinking of makeing
the new one will be getting the wood ready cut at BQ 5ftx24x18 that should do it.Going to price it all up first.
mystra Posted - 20/08/2011 : 23:06:39
wow, she's gorgeous, wonderful pics, she looks very happy!
n/a Posted - 20/08/2011 : 23:03:43
ah the feisty ones are the best! Lovely Dorris!
martinking6 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 22:59:50
Dorris is the first snake ive had or handled that was feisty to say the least and tbh I would not normally of even considered buying a feisty red tail but there was something about her when I saw her in the shop and then when I handled her for the first time I was smitten, pretty sure the tale that the snake pics you is very true.

Its been a big trial and error learning curve for me that I have to admit ive loved and hated at times but now that she is so calm and placid and getting more gorgeous with every shed it makes it all even more worth while and extremely satisfying as its my own work and time that has brought her on so much

Theres 10 packs under the viv, 5 front and 5 at the back but with an ulterior motive as am in the process of finding a suitable viv for a burmese python so when the extension is finished and the wife needs me to lay the laminate flooring a nice 3ft deep viv will make a lovely stand for dorris`s viv lol

Martin
Evolution Morphs Posted - 20/08/2011 : 22:29:25
Love red tail buddy
Liking the vi.

So then does it work out cheaper buying 5 laminated flooring packs than a cabinet lol ;)

I don't know how much the flooring costs ;)
reptiledanny Posted - 20/08/2011 : 22:21:26
she is gorgeous, and looks like she is going to enjoy her new big viv
Kelfezond Posted - 20/08/2011 : 22:17:30
Makes me incredibly jealous that pandora's box (yeah I went there) is just a big viv with a waterbowl :P need to find some fun stuff she won't break :D

Beautiful boa though, want to trade? hehehe

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000